MrAntiFun + WeMod Partnership Announcement

What's going on? ( WeMod and Malware )

Nightingalerva

Reaction score
Just want to start off with thank you for all the work you've done, I've been using your trainers since 2014 and it's been great. So I have to ask why within the past year or more have your trainers been flagged as malware or trojans? Also why partner up with WeMod? The reason I choose your trainers is that they don't crash my game like WeMods does. It doesn't take long for that shit to get annoying.

MrAntiFun + WeMod Partnership Announcement

Mouse84

Donor
Reaction score
Haven't had the crashing issues (yet) but the malware/trojan thing is a result of the combination of both how all trainers actually work (by changing the actual data within the running executable) which is obviously a insanely big red flag for all anti virus programs and that it is insanely expensive to digitally 'sign' the executables, which prevents it from happening.

Nightingalerva

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I get the malware red flag but I cannot play any games using WeMod. The games it keeps crashing are This War Of Mine, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Fallout 4, and a few Total War games.

BadgerFace

Reaction score
WeMod is a complete mess for me. Once in a while, a MrAntiFun trainer would get false flagged and maybe quarantined by my antivirus - but WeMod? the installer gets flagged and *deleted*. So I create an exception, then run the program. It crashes out, and its updater gets quarantined. So I create *another* exception, and boot it up again. I try to load a game through it, it crashes out, it gets flagged and quarantined, the game I'm trying to run gets flagged and quarantined, and the shortcut to the game, on my desktop, gets flagged and deleted.
WTF?!

Even if it did work, why would I want to have software running in the background, at all times, scanning my drive contents and monitoring my activity, on the off-chance that I might want to use a trainer?

I've been relying on MrAntiFun for years, whenever I wanted a trainer, as a source I knew was safe and reliable - but I guess that's over. I wish him the best of luck with his new direction, but I think he just screwed over his good reputation. I'm out.

HAL90001208

Reaction score
Yep I was trying to use wemod for the Greedfall trailer and bitdefender decided to nuke my PC and do a forced reset to completely eliminate the "threat"... It might be a false positive (heck it probably is) but I honestly don't have enough confidence to keep using the program

Insane_Ghost

Donor
Reaction score
i'm not enjoying the shit WeMod is bringing me so looks like my support here has come to an end thank you MAF for the years of trainers.