Trainer Search

Sashakera

Donor
Reaction score
And Mech in BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\chassis ;)

kati170544

Reaction score
Thanks. in BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\simGameConstants\SimGameConstants.json you can also edit how many EXP the Pilot gets after a mission.

Andrei B

Reaction score
If you edit the mechs and change the tonnage like to 100 you wont be able to mount jump jets it switches to another class that cannot use them so keep that in mind.

Azhaagh

Donor
Reaction score
If you edit the mechs and change the tonnage like to 100 you wont be able to mount jump jets it switches to another class that cannot use them so keep that in mind.

Actually, you cab't use the small jump jets. You would need Jumpjets (A) not Jumpjets (S) (A = Assault, H Heavy, S Meduim and Small I think)

Ovellum

Reaction score
Actually, you cab't use the small jump jets. You would need Jumpjets (A) not Jumpjets (S) (A = Assault, H Heavy, S Meduim and Small I think)
Not without doing a small tweak in the Gear_JumpJet_Generic_Standard.json file found in"...\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\jumpjets"

gefaustet

Reaction score
inside the SimGameConstants.json file search for "ShopSellModifier" change the number to 5, now you buy heatsinks @ 33k and sell them for 750k.

Zero Maverick

Reaction score
Ok so found out that you can edit the game files with notepad or wordpad, BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\simGameConstants\SimGameConstants.json here you can edit the starting money "StartingCBills" to what ever you want but dont exceed the maximum value the game wont start i change it from 980000 to 980000000 :p there you can edit more stuff but keep in mind max value for everything have fun.

980000 to 980000000 work like a charm

also modified the starting mech to:
"StartingLance" : [
"mechdef_atlas_AS7-D",
"mechdef_atlas_AS7-D",
"mechdef_atlas_AS7-D",
"mechdef_atlas_AS7-D"

Basically the 1st mission after 3 years thingie I started with 1 blackjack (my main) and 3 atlas (my lance) and 1 atlas in garage.

NOTE:
1. For all of this to work, you MUST start a new game, I tried loading early saved game after I modiefied the "SimGameConstants.json" but the game just loaded with the old setting.
2. After restarting a new game, the changes (mech) appear during the 1st mission "3 years later thingie" and the money appear once you're able to control the dropship interface.
3. Just in case after I played a mission or two, I replaced the modified "SimGameConstants.json" with the original one and the changes in the savefiles stays (just to avoid any inconsintency when steam or paradox are checking the files integrity....if any)
4. Just in case ... I did everything in steam offline mode and not logged in at paradox account.

Archaell

Reaction score
BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\simGameConstants\SimGameConstants.json look for BaseXPGainPerMission which is 400XP and you can change that.
Havent tested it yet but i dont see why any issues

MrKrisSatan

Reaction score
Basically the 1st mission after 3 years thingie I started with 1 blackjack (my main) and 3 atlas (my lance) and 1 atlas in garage.

Worked like a charm but the AI keeps getting head shots on me and putting my pilots out of action for 28 days at a time :'(