Trainer Search

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
Andy Chalk PC Gamer http://store.steampowered.com/app/368500/
JMTK5v_UkMiW.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, as is now the Ubisoft tradition, has been out on consoles for a couple of weeks but will plod onto the PC later this month. As part of that process, Ubisoft has today announced the minimum and recommended system requirements, and it is my pleasure to present them to you.

This is what you'll need:

• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz
  • RAM: 6GB or more for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
  • Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
  • DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
  • Sound: DirectX compatible sound card with latest drivers
This is what you'll want:

• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (4GB) or the newer GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB) or better
  • DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
  • Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
And this is the "technical note from the developer":

"For a recommended experience, the game requires a video card with at least 3GB of VRAM when playing at a full HD resolution. While we encourage you to fiddle with the advanced options to fully customize your gaming experience, please keep an eye out for the VRAM meter usage when you adjust these settings."

Assassin's Creed Syndicate will drop behind the PC, club it in the head, and stick a dagger in its throat, all with a jaunty cockney accent, on November 19.

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
Assassin's Creed Syndicate's slow sales all Unity's fault, say Ubisoft
Dave Meikleham PCGamesN
It may not be out on PC until November 19, but French publishing giant Ubisoft are already upset about the Assassin's Creed Syndicate's less than stellar sales figures. So what's to blame? A global hatred of old timey cockney accents? The fact Ubi deemed it fine to insert an actual character called Bloody Nora into the game? Don't be silly: it's all Unity's fault!

Our console cousins have been sampling the stabby delights of Syndicate's 19th century London for a couple of weeks now, and despite the game being better received than predecessor Unity, that didn't stop first week sales figures being significantly down on Arno's French farce.

"Clearly in the first week [Assassin's Creed Syndicate] was impacted by what had happened with Unity," said Ubisoft CFO Alain Martinez, speaking during an investor call.

In case you'd forgotten, Assassin's Creed Unity launched in a near unplayable state late last year; its huge crowd system bringing even the most powerful rigs to their knees. It didn't help the game's recommended specs were through the roof - something that's at least been addressed this time out with Syndicate's system requirements.

Thanks to Syndicate's troubles out of the gate, there's cause to think Evie and Jacob Frye's adventure may do alright when it launches on PC later in the month. "We seem to experience the same sales curve as [Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag]," said Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot. "Versus Unity, Syndicate was down in the first week but nicely outperformed it in its second week as it benefitted from positive word of mouth," he said of the game's console sales.

Dave Meikleham
PCGamesN says

For what it's worth, I completed Syndicate on PS4. If Ubi can squeeze out a half decent PC port, you're going to be left with one sumptuous looking tale of historical hitmen. For my money, it's the best AC since the rather excellent Black Flag.