Trainer Search

jamtits

Donor
Reaction score
Title: Alphaman - By Jefferey Olson

---------------------------

Store Link:
Cheats: unlimited/freeze hitpoints please!

I know, it's 26 years on but I've never been able to complete this game. Later on, one of the enemies (killer bees) poison you, which lowers your max hit points and then I just end up dying in normal attacks.

I tried to edit a savegame but all I see in notepad ++ is "nul" and some garbled text.

I have tried cheat engine to scan for the hitpoints, but maybe the difficulty is in emulating through dosbox, as I thought I found the correct value, when I modified it, dosbox crashed.

It's an old freeware game but I can't get around the fact that I have to run it in an emulator and I don't know anything about manipulating data but I imagine that makes it harder.

Last edited:

jamtits

Donor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what about savegame editors? I've not seen those but that'd be ideal. If I could make the stats high enough i'd effectively be invincible.

I looked at the .sav and .alf files and whilst the .alf file had item descriptions in the hex editor, nothing about the character stats.

However, a little more digging around and I found the source code, at least, I think I found the source code? Jeffrey Olson released it not too long ago.

Last edited: