Trainer Search

lolibutts

Donor
Reaction score
So I decided to put on my big girl overalls and price out wood at Menards this morning.

Why you ask?

Because I'm thinking about getting into making custom "arcade" cabinets. Wondering if anyone has experience in making this sort of thing and is willing to share some 411 about it.

My sort of "flagship" project is going to be a 2 player cab with a small desktop computer mounted in the base of the cabinet, 5.1 sound, into a 32" HD Monitor, I currently run self-checkout Kiosk market systems where we basically just have the POS system autorun on boot so I'm thinking setting up a Steam account for the cabinet PC and enabling big picture on startup would make for a pretty cool modern fighting game cabinet. The "shell" for the thing would run under 150 bucks, and a decent little PC for the thing would be pretty affordable, just keep a keyboard and mouse in the cabinet base in case troubleshooting or updates are needed. I have 32" HDTVs sitting around so I can save some cost on that, but regardless. Seeing MAME64 cabs sell for 2500-3000 USD just makes me think I could do my own thing for far less.

At least until I start playing with Neo-Geo MVS clones.

3dfx

Reaction score
Dont forget, youll need a custom "frontend" for the OS, so it can recognize joysticks/gamepads and use those to select games from the emulators and to control them properly.