Trainer Search

chrono99

Reaction score
For instance in Guns Gore and Cannoli the life bar is actually a green bar. Theres no number to search so how would I find that value in cheat engine so I could mod it or make it infinite?

Last edited:

SigmaSmasher

Reaction score
For instance in Guns Gore and Cannoli the life bar is actually a green bar. Theres no number to search so how would I find that value in cheat engine so I could mod it or make it infinite?

if you wish to go for the life bar first, and the value is not known, or even approximated, the search can be a long one so get a coffee/earl grey and some breakfast. (try to see if player stats are saved locally and readable - often not but its worth checking.)

for an unknown value, use
-'find unknown initial value' (search may take a while if pc is a bit older) and then find a spot where you can get hit to decrease hp. recieve a hit then immediately pause.
-'decreased value' is your next scan. repeat this a few times. there's millions of addresses which are decreasing constantly, so rinse and repeat a few times.
-then find an opportunity to increase health through some method (passive regen, heal ability, potion etc i haven't played that game so idk). then use 'increased value'.

I find this allows the search to be more focused and faster. by increasing and decreasing the value. just remember to change to 'decreased value' or 'increased value' before clicking 'next scan' but happily, 'undo scan' is a feature now, so you can make a single mistake without starting over if you are mindful.

when you reach the right address, then you can use pointers or aob to find it again fast for next time - because just searching the raw value will require this process to be repeated unless you can use a pointer or array of bytes to find that address's unique signature again for next time - as the value will be stored in a different spot in your RAM each time =p ( for example 32 gigs is a large place, if u are looking at it in code, the game can choose to hide it anywhere in there. thats billions of addresses...)

also note, if you can capture what accesses that particular address and locate its area in memory, you can often uncover most of the other stats that are stored in the game. most game devs generally heap all the 'stats' for a player in roughly the same location in memory. (like 'mana' or 'runspeed' or 'atk pwr', lots of these addresses will be nearby.)

if alot of this goes over your head, i am sorry. but thankfully there are many here and on dark byte website (forum for cheat engine) that would be happy to help you make a small pointerscript or instructions for using array of bytes, to help you in the future for this game.

edit: and once you are successful, perhaps you will be permitted to post your cheat table? =)

Last edited:

chrono99

Reaction score
Thx sigma. I can actually find the life value everytime but it jumps around a lot. And despite the pointer scanner tutorials ive taken which were quite a few, Im not very good at locking the actual og address down.

SigmaSmasher

Reaction score
Thx sigma. I can actually find the life value everytime but it jumps around a lot. And despite the pointer scanner tutorials ive taken which were quite a few, Im not very good at locking the actual og address down.

ohhhhhh ok i thought you were struggling to find the value.

my bad m8

chrono99

Reaction score
I am struggling. To find the real value. None of these pointer scanner tuts make sense. I wonder how Mr. Antifun finds them to make infinite life in his trainers.

SigmaSmasher

Reaction score
i know it seems kind of redundant, but perhaps listing the steps you take here could help us to give you troubleshooting advice

think it over, anyway. it might be better than me just assuming dumb things again =p