Trainer Search

SunStormer

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been visiting this forum for a few years now and I have to say I really appreciate what MAF does for us. But one thing that is bothering me these days is I am sick of seeing all these pages upon pages of "+1" for all the trainers listed in the trainer forum requesting updates or something that's meant to be in another sub-category. Surely this is just causing untold headaches for Moderators or the Admin himself.
So my suggestion is start slapping down some temp Bans on these ppl who would rather demand something of MAF rather read some easy to understand rules...
What are your thoughts?

MC1988

Reaction score
Well, I'm from much larger forum communities than Mr.Anti's here myself and I love and appreciate all the work he's done as well. Although slapping temporary bans say on the first offense, would only discourage people from coming here because it could be view as too harsh. If it a temporary ban were to be instilled, it'd have to work on a 3-Strike system. 2 Warnings and then the 3rd strike, say Temp ban for a a day or two so long as the staff remembers to lift it.

I think if anything that's more annoying than the misposting is the constant necroing of old topics that don't have any activity for a month or longer. Personally in my opinion, any topics that haven't received any attention from staff or Mr.Anti himself within in the first 3 months or even the year it was made should be trashed and someone should just make a new one so old topics aren't being bumped from the dead basically.

The other thing is, a lot of people who say have been a member for a year or so, but haven't posted anything yet and their first post is in the wrong section, then they only made the account so they could download the trainers. I have a slight problem with that myself but what can you do?

Ontop of the constant misposting, perhaps the staff should also look into banning accounts that aren't active on the forums and have zero posts since they would technically not be an active member of the community, they're just here leeching the trainers.

MrSkaizo

Staff
Staff member
Donor
YouTube Manager
Reaction score
The other thing is, a lot of people who say have been a member for a year or so, but haven't posted anything yet and their first post is in the wrong section, then they only made the account so they could download the trainers. I have a slight problem with that myself but what can you do?
I don't think there is much thing to do on that topic honestly, mostly of newcomers are let's say pretty much "kids / under-teenagers" or some of them who doesn't understand properly or at all English, few months ago we though of an idea Multi-language / Others Languages but based on statistics, just a few users from different languages and couldn't split exactly where they use translate thing so either way doing that it would lead to messing up inefficiently sorting through community, the solution is just deal with each one at a time but with help from members most effectively resolve would be submit report feature which could be assigned immediately and move required to designated section.

Although slapping temporary bans say on the first offense, would only discourage people from coming here because it could be view as too harsh. If it a temporary ban were to be instilled, it'd have to work on a 3-Strike system. 2 Warnings and then the 3rd strike, say Temp ban for a a day or two so long as the staff remembers to lift it.
This is appropriate default with exception of censored words, illegal contents and among particular general rules.

think if anything that's more annoying than the misposting is the constant necroing of old topics that don't have any activity for a month or longer. Personally in my opinion, any topics that haven't received any attention from staff or Mr.Anti himself within in the first 3 months or even the year it was made should be trashed and someone should just make a new one so old topics aren't being bumped from the dead basically.
We would recall it as continuous feedback suggestion but staff members will do the way as best they can, as matter of fact especially trainers and perhaps update requests section since these are enormous, we plan to get complete of redo up this month, read below further as these are separate categories.

Hi all, I've been visiting this forum for a few years now and I have to say I really appreciate what MAF does for us. But one thing that is bothering me these days is I am sick of seeing all these pages upon pages of "+1" for all the trainers listed in the trainer forum requesting updates or something that's meant to be in another sub-category. Surely this is just causing untold headaches for Moderators or the Admin himself.
So my suggestion is start slapping down some temp Bans on these ppl who would rather demand something of MAF rather read some easy to understand rules...
What are your thoughts?

Speaking of it, if most of members would like to agree possible further solutions which causing most of it:
1) [Specific from trainers section] Implement to main threads replies to be locked and delete all current replies with context of "+1" something like this, and for those having in need to require an update or any problem related to it, they will have to submit in the right section or if wish to add effectively immediately this rule proceeding with warn system as users will get acknowledged over-time.

2) [Specific from trainer update request section] By complete redo up, we have meaning to implement a whole new standard system of request consist of many features which unfortunately we cannot share further details for now most important is vote system which as you know, members will get to vote one time per day each request to prevent limit is to get most submitted and will eventually get completed ASAP, this doesn't exempt priority from donor requests (unless there are identical request).

Over past 2 years, we have been focused primarily on fixing issues reported multiple times like "false positive" which was fixed properly days ago and it's gonna be hard for over 2400 games to get submitted for review to anti-virus companies and from now on with time this issue will get away which we are convinced no more of these similar replies from members which in fact they should acknowledge this in fact false positive and follow proper guide adding to exception.

Last edited:

MC1988

Reaction score
2) [Specific from trainer update request section] By complete redo up, we have meaning to implement a whole new standard system of request consist of many features which unfortunately we cannot share further details for now most important is vote system which as you know, members will get to vote one time per day each request to prevent limit is to get most submitted and will eventually get completed ASAP, this doesn't exempt priority from donor requests (unless there are identical request).

Actually this part is clever as not many sites actually use the voting system and I've only ran into one group that does, but it's a big help to the staff there because it allows them to focus on specific trainers at a time on while diverting a staff member or two to check on reported "buggy trainers". That really will take a load off you guys, I really hope it helps you guys out better ^_^