Trainer Search

Goddess Raven

Reaction score
I've made a Mod based on information Given from here and published it on the nexus for anyone interested.
Makes the game a lot easier with out a trainer.
not sure If i can link it here but a search for Battletech Easy game mod on nexus you should find it easy enough :)

Added 2 extra Files in Misc on Nexus Mod download page
file for Skip Into missions only on new game
and File for Skip intro missions and double Rare and very rare Salvage drop rates.
those 2 files make no other changes to the base game!.

the Mod helped restore that problem i had, thanks Meatsheild! :) i just tweaked it a little for 100% chance of level 3+ rares.. also i got 3 Pilots with 100 in every skill.. but problem with doing that is u dont get passives/skills gotta add them manually

Meatsheild

Reaction score
the Mod helped restore that problem i had, thanks Meatsheild! :) i just tweaked it a little for 100% chance of level 3+ rares.. also i got 3 Pilots with 100 in every skill.. but problem with doing that is u dont get passives/skills gotta add them manually
Glad to have helped :)

Ratucus

Reaction score

For pilot experience I suggest edit file where us how much there get exp after finish missions. It is the best option.

Ratucus

Reaction score
Same1 know how to manual give attribute to pilots ?
I thing that Gunnery 1, Guts 1 and Tactics 1 would be a great setup in that game
sad is that you can use only 2 skills/attribute active
-------------------------------> I thing that i find that file, now testing :)
No I dont find that files :( still dont know how edit pilots :(
But where I can Edit my main character ??

Last edited:

Andrei B

Reaction score
Modified the mod mechs a bit for super power :p , you can make it even stronger if you create your own weapons , a side not if you modify the inventory slots they will work but you wont see them (think the UI needs editing to) but you can still place weapons and stuff in them .

"Tonnage": 150,
"InitialTonnage": -75,
"weightClass": "MEDIUM",
"BattleValue": 4124000,
"Heatsinks": 10,
"TopSpeed": 385,
"TurnRadius": 90,
"MaxJumpjets": 8,
"Stability": 100,
"StabilityDefenses": [
],
"SpotterDistanceMultiplier": 1,
"VisibilityMultiplier": 1,
"SensorRangeMultiplier": 1,
"Signature": 0,
"Radius": 5,
"PunchesWithLeftArm": true,
"MeleeDamage": 270,
"MeleeInstability": 50,
"MeleeToHitModifier": 0,
"DFADamage": 65,
"DFAToHitModifier": 0,
"DFASelfDamage": 65,
"DFAInstability": 65,
"Locations": [
{
"Location": "Head",
"Hardpoints": [],
"Tonnage": 0,
"InventorySlots": 3,
"MaxArmor": 165,
"MaxRearArmor": 165,
"InternalStructure": 160
},
{
"Location": "LeftArm",
"Hardpoints": [
{
"WeaponMount": "Energy",
"Omni": false
},
{
}
],
"InventorySlots": 14,
"MaxArmor": 280,
"MaxRearArmor": -1,
"InternalStructure": 240

Azhaagh

Donor
Reaction score
Not without doing a small tweak in the Gear_JumpJet_Generic_Standard.json file found in"...\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\jumpjets"

That is very strange, I've tweaked nothing and I mounted jump jets on my Awesome without any problem. Make sure you check that the mech chasis CAN mount jump jets. Some can't.

Also, I've noted that there are some very strange bugs in the game. Nothing that makes it unplayable (I did get 1 game ending bug in a mission where I had to assassinate someone, I incapacitated the pilot and could not complete the mission because you had to destroy him.) but it could very well be a strange bug.

Reaction score
Modified the mod mechs a bit for super power :p , you can make it even stronger if you create your own weapons , a side not if you modify the inventory slots they will work but you wont see them (think the UI needs editing to) but you can still place weapons and stuff in them .

"Tonnage": 150,
"InitialTonnage": -75,
"weightClass": "MEDIUM",
"BattleValue": 4124000,
"Heatsinks": 10,
"TopSpeed": 385,
"TurnRadius": 90,
"MaxJumpjets": 8,
"Stability": 100,
"StabilityDefenses": [
],
"SpotterDistanceMultiplier": 1,
"VisibilityMultiplier": 1,
"SensorRangeMultiplier": 1,
"Signature": 0,
"Radius": 5,
"PunchesWithLeftArm": true,
"MeleeDamage": 270,
"MeleeInstability": 50,
"MeleeToHitModifier": 0,
"DFADamage": 65,
"DFAToHitModifier": 0,
"DFASelfDamage": 65,
"DFAInstability": 65,
"Locations": [
{
"Location": "Head",
"Hardpoints": [],
"InventorySlots": 3,
"MaxArmor": 165,
"MaxRearArmor": 165,
"InternalStructure": 160
},
{
"Location": "LeftArm",
"Hardpoints": [
{
},
{
}
],
"InventorySlots": 14,
"MaxArmor": 280,
"MaxRearArmor": -1,
"InternalStructure": 240

Haha so making the 'inital tons' a NEGATIVE and making the weight max 100 allowed me to actually be able to equip jump jets. Making the overall tonnage over 100t makes you unable because im guessing the game puts it in a "vehicle" class. This has been a fun experiment.

in the next few days im going to be changing up weapon slot types and seeing what i can break and create. Omni slots for everyone!

Ratucus

Reaction score
What need to be change to make bigger salvage what we receive?

Andrei B

Reaction score
Did try that but dose not seams to work change it to 4 and 13 but still no effect presume other files need a change .
"DefaultSalvageRights" : 2.0,
"DefaultSalvagePotential" : 8,

Meatsheild

Reaction score
Same1 know how to manual give attribute to pilots ?
I thing that Gunnery 1, Guts 1 and Tactics 1 would be a great setup in that game
sad is that you can use only 2 skills/attribute active
-------------------------------> I thing that i find that file, now testing :)
No I dont find that files :( still dont know how edit pilots :(
But where I can Edit my main character ??

Easiest way to do this is go into simGameConstants.json find the line...
"BaseXPGainPerMission" :## and change the number shown to a higher value,
I have mine set to 1600.
If you set it higher after your first mission you can level up your pilots gaining all their skills to max, if your numbers high enough. (every Pilot you hire then levels up quickly :) )

the Main comanders XP is in the same file, as
"CommanderStartingExperience" : 5800, (this is what i have mine set to gives me 2 main skills right at the start)

Alternatively you could try editing pilot xp directly by editing their pilot files I.E. "pilot_sim_starter_dekker.json" and look for..
"ExperienceUnspent" : ## and change the number shown to a higher value.

*Remember if you do either of these edits you will still need to go into the barracks in game and assign them their skills as you want them!.

As to giving Pilots above 3 attributes some of them like Juggernaut can be added to gear, I have a custom Gyro in my "Easy game and Qstart" mod on nexus with that skill on it i made as a test, it seems to be working. Still having trouble adding Sensor Lock to gear though :( .

**Note for those interested in salvage, it seems to be hard capped at 7 or 8 going over it can cause problems when claiming salvage and stop you progressing. (you basically get stuck at the salvage claim screen)