Trainer Search

Azhaagh

Donor
Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been requested on the Donor forums. So I'm sure he is aware that it needs to be updated. Acting like an ass and posting 3 times in a row demanding answers is NOT going to help.

Remember, it's ONLY MAF that updates this site. And there are a LOT of games covered on this site. Battletech is not a game in high demand (although it should be because it's awesome) compared to a Triple A title.

I've not tried the trainer since 1.4 released, but read the instructions on page one. You can also get the money cheat from the cheat table by doing the following:

1. Start a new game and buy a bunch of heatsinks (22,000 a piece I think).
  2. Go to the .ini file and search for heatsinks (ctlf F to find within the text file)
  3. Change the cost to 10,000,000,000 (I think thats the max before the game won't load. It might be 1,000,000,000)
  4. Save file.
  5. Restart game and load the saved (or autosaved) game.
  6. Sell all your heatsinks
  7. Save game and go back to the ini file
  8. Search for heatsinks, replace with 22,000
  9. Save file
  10. Launch game and enjoy all the money you want

(Also note that a LOT of the things in the ini file can grant you similar if not the same results as the trainer. From changing your starting mechs to changing what your drop ship starts with. Always make a copy of your ini files BEFORE you edit so that you don't totally break the game. A good mech is the campaign black jack, because you can't buy that mech and no other npc will have it. Start with that and edit the crap out of it in the mech.ini file)

Darizuka

Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been requested on the Donor forums. So I'm sure he is aware that it needs to be updated. Acting like an ass and posting 3 times in a row demanding answers is NOT going to help.

Remember, it's ONLY MAF that updates this site. And there are a LOT of games covered on this site. Battletech is not a game in high demand (although it should be because it's awesome) compared to a Triple A title.

I've not tried the trainer since 1.4 released, but read the instructions on page one. You can also get the money cheat from the cheat table by doing the following:

2. Go to the .ini file and search for heatsinks (ctlf F to find within the text file)
  3. Change the cost to 10,000,000,000 (I think thats the max before the game won't load. It might be 1,000,000,000)
  4. Save file.
  9. Save file
(Also note that a LOT of the things in the ini file can grant you similar if not the same results as the trainer. From changing your starting mechs to changing what your drop ship starts with. Always make a copy of your ini files BEFORE you edit so that you don't totally break the game. A good mech is the campaign black jack, because you can't buy that mech and no other npc will have it. Start with that and edit the crap out of it in the mech.ini file)

i do hope theres an update soon,
but yeah Sandro seems like an [insert insult]
:I

MelKos

Reaction score
Do not know how the rest. I waited for a toy for a long time, and when it came out without the Russian language, I was extremely upset. I could play only now - and the trainer is extremely lacking.
Please upgrade to 1.4 +++

Azhaagh

Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys, the trainer works for the most part if you follow the instructions. The stabalization and heat I don't really use, but last time I did it effects both yours and the cps's mechs. The inf armor works only for you. Ust the previous editing of the heatsinks.ini file for the unlimited cash work around.

Because the primary aspect of the trainer works, I doubt it will be updated anytime soon. However, I think over on the donor forums or in the donor chat MAF has said he has updated 20+ trainers, he just needs the time to upload them.

Darizuka

Reaction score
For all those reading comments

The trainers still work
follow the page 1 advice on how to activate it
The F3 (stability)
works when u activate it during enemy phase or your phase and in control of a unit whose losing stability
i got it to work last night.

GeraltReaverson

Reaction score

4. Save file.
  9. Save file
What .ini file are you referring to?

Arishem

Reaction score
I have tried the Heat cheat twice now and it has crashed my game twice. I followed the directions each time. So, the trainer does NOT work.

I only use the Heat cheat as I like to run hot mechs. The rest of the cheats are OK, but like I said, I don't really use them.

Peacebyfaith

Reaction score
I don't want to press, but could we have a update on the trainer for 1.4 version of the game?

Azworai

Reaction score
So, I only wanted to use the infinite armor or whatnot for a single mission, but I appear of glitched something, as all of the Mechs I was using now have over 100,000 structure HP even once the armor numbers are correct. Is there an easy fix?

Edit: Being new to trainers, I was foolish and didn't look up general use procedures. I launched the trainer, then the game(I did not activate any of the cheats until instructed as per this trainer, though) I thought perhaps this information would be helpful.

Last edited:

Vinterthorn

Reaction score
So, I only wanted to use the infinite armor or whatnot for a single mission, but I appear of glitched something, as all of the Mechs I was using now have over 100,000 structure HP even once the armor numbers are correct. Is there an easy fix?

The high numbers will always persist throughout the savegame you used the trainer in. To my knowledge the only way to get back to standard numbers there is to put the affected 'Mechs into storage, and then to pull them out and rebuild them.

Azworai

Reaction score
The high numbers will always persist throughout the savegame you used the trainer in. To my knowledge the only way to get back to standard numbers there is to put the affected 'Mechs into storage, and then to pull them out and rebuild them.
Thanks, putting them in storage and bringing it back is fine. Many thanks for the assistance.