Trainer Search

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
By Alice O'Connor on November 6th, 2015 at 1:04 pm. via RPS= Rock Paper Shotgun

The Big Blopper, The Blopster, The Codchop, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 [official site] launched last night, and it’s the first in the FPS series to really interest me in a while.

Campaign co-op, customisable cyborgs filled with cyberbees, and Jeff Goldblum are right up my alley and oh! supposedly it’s a wee touch less corridor-y too.

It has a few problems at launch, though, with many folks reporting unreasonably poor performance. Developers Treyarch are looking into it, and have a few ideas for fixes.

Treyarch say in a post on Steam:

“There have been reports of certain i5 CPUs having performance issues causing very low frame rates – We are still working on the final solution for this issue, but we have had reports that changing WorkerThreads = 4 to WorkerThreads = 2 in your config.ini file can help (In the game folder, commonly located here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\players\config.ini).

“We have also noticed that some systems may get better input response with FPS Cap set just below refresh rate. If you have a 60hz monitor, you can try enabling Vsync and setting your FPS Cap to 58.”

Yeah, I’ll wait for a patch or two before jumping on this one.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 UK Launch Livestream

Last edited: