Trainer Search

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
by shaun prescott pcgamer

Dark Souls 3 will release on April 12

Two special editions are listed: the Collector's Edition and the Prestige Edition. The Prestige Edition gets you a 40cm Lord of Cinder figurine, three iron-on patches, the game's soundtrack, a map, and an A4 hardcover artbook. The Collector Edition is basically the same, except you get a 25cm Red Knight figurine instead. That's a diabolical way to get Dark Souls tragics to buy your game twice, Namco.

lnv3TzhTio2M.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

tEjXJ1RMF8Ew.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
Dark Souls 3 could be the last one in the series Kirk McKeand pcgamesN

Hidetaka Miyazaki, head of From Software and the creative force behind the Dark Souls series, has revealed that he thinks it's time for From Software to try new things.
In a candid interview with GameSpot, Miyakazi said: "I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series.

"That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future," he continues. "Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president.

"I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software."

Whether this means the series will be handed to another developer remains to be seen. The series has elevated From Software to the point the studio is at currently, but - if you count Sony exclusives Bloodborne and Demon's Souls - by the time Dark Souls 3 releases, we will have seen six games of the same style, within six years. It's easy to see why Miyazaki wants to move away from that cycle.

As Miyazaki puts it: "I don't care about what type of president I will be in the future or how I'll be remembered, I just believe that [moving on] is necessary in order for players to continue enjoying our games. We have to keep creating quality games and be aggressive about doing new things."

Last edited:

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
Dark Souls 3 gets a release date angus morrison pc gamer
April 12, Souls fans—April 12 (or March 24 if you're over in Japan). That's not all that far away.

Dark Souls 3 is taking after the second game in the sense of a synchronous release across PC and consoles, which is always good to see, as is the new footage included in the trailer above, provided your brain can keep up with the jump cuts.

Naturally, there are three separate pre-order editions already in the works. First, there's the obscene Prestige Edition, packing a 40cm Lord of Cinder figurine that looks wider than my mantelpiece, a slightly shorter Red Knight figurine, cloth map, soundtrack, art book, iron-on patches, a metal case, a great big box to store it all in, oh, and Dark Souls 3. Then you've got your lowly Collector's Edition which contains the above sans the resin behemoth, and finally there's the Apocalypse Edition, exclusive to pre-orders and boasting the soundtrack and that nice metal case I mentioned.

game play footage
https://www.youtube.com/embed/jjK5f7ozzOM

Last edited:

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
Dark Souls 3 system requirements revealed

The "You Died" spec:

OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
Processor: AMD® A8 3870 3,6 Ghz or Intel® Core ™ i3 2100 3.1Ghz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 465 / ATI Radeon TM HD 6870