Trainer Search

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
By Julian Benson-PCGamesN
We may not yet have Destiny on the PC but we might feel some small effect of it soon. Josh Hamrick, senior gameplay designer on Destiny, has upped sticks from Bungie and moved to Skyrim-developer Bethesda.

There’s no word on what he’ll be working on, whether it will be the next Elder Scrolls game, the rumoured-to-be in-development Fallout 4, or some unnannounced project.

Hamrick had worked at Bungie for the past six years, joining the studio when it was still making the Halo games. Clearly, he’s a lot of experience developing shooters which would suggest he would be best suited to working on the Fallout series, but the RPG basis of Destiny fits itself to both of Bethesda’s big series.

SaGe

Super Donor
Reaction score
Maybe they are going to start developing the new Fallout? :) honestly I can't wait to see what they learned from the Skyrim engine when its applied to the new technology.

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
lets just hope they do not waste his talents on the (personal opinion ) ill fated game called eider scrolls online i personally had the miss - fortune to be able to beta test that game and i found it so lacking that i never played it more than to see what they added in each test .maybe i am spoiled by all the modders mods for skyrim and previous eider scrolls games+Fallouts but for me the modders make a game a game i will give a few personal examples sims 3 for me was made by modders i did not give a crap about the sims game itself but i found a website that had 100's of modders that made things for building houses etc you name it they made it and for a bit i enjoyed just making houses with see thru swiming pool walls(they were made to be fancy rod iron windows) and landing stips for aiplanes on my roof( i spent about $250 on the sims3 one day during a steam sale yes to support the game maker but i never would have if i had not found that huge modding website) .next i know some do not like the zanyness of saints row 3&4 but i liked the game that way and even took it to a more extreme state with the mods at saintsrowmods .i want games that make me feel like i am the one in control not the game controlling me .lastly i feel most game companies have lost the true vision just like the rest of the world everything is based on deception and $$$ .while we all need money to survive it will never make anyone truely happy .my talons are tired of typing its time to go catch a snake in the grass for dinner exiting stage right ------------------------------------------------------->>>>>

PS: the best overall sims modders website on the internet it used to cost like $5 a month it might be free now or partly free but if you like the sims and mods then have a look here http://www.thesimsresource.com/

Last edited:

SaGe

Super Donor
Reaction score
Wow Thanks for the link!
I know how you feel about Elder Scrolls Online. When I saw the trailer, I thought.... WOW.. this could be AWESOME. Then I played the Beta.. and thought.. it's ok it's a beta. I'm sure the full game will be much better.... SADLY. NO, in may ways it was worse.

I would really like to see what they do with progress and tweaks the made to the game engine after Skyrim. (it's an updated version of the VATS system code, even the code hacks still work on it.) Some of those Mods added HOURS of game play to the original and other just about fixed all the issues that the game was plagued at the original release.

I'm starting to see a pattern across all of the development companies. They rather hash out a half-baked game than to create something amazing. take the following Franchises:
  1. Call of Duty
  2. Assassins Creed
It seems they graduated from the EA (Madden) academy of game development. Every year they just take the old engine and basically create DLC. UNITY (of like I call it.. Assassin's Creed: Current Gen TechDemo) is a perfect example of this. The game was basically BROKEN and not even HALF the same that Black flag was. (Heck in some cases Rouge was better in every way).

As it stands now, if the game does not sell over a million copies in the first week and twice that amount in 3 months time, it's considered a failure. This SUCKS and nothing good can come from this.

I agree with you.. though Saints Row is considered too cartoon-y.. I LOVE IT. I do not want to play reality in my games. if I did I'll go play tag in the park with a few cool neighbors or go to a waterpark or go on Vacation. I do not need reality in my games. I want to be able to escape into something for a few hours.

I LOVED the SIM's. I used to play the original SIM's on my Win98 PC and then played it on the PS2 console for a while. the one ones are cool.. but I think they killed a lot of the magic that made that series great.

Thanks again for the link.. I'll purchase the new SIM's via Origin and check out the mods. :)

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
be sure to look at modders Praline Sims, Murfeel , Dot ,Cashcraft these were but a few of my favs from sims 3 modders hopefully they are still there doing what they do best creating things for sims 4

PS: just do not request a flagpole:) for some reason they could not make one atleast in sims 3

PSS:SaGe if you ever have the fortune/mis fortune to run into that Porcupine Masquerading around as a over stuffed Chocobo loving Green Peacock avatar =Murfeel the modder be nice because in real life /sims life she is forever stuck being a Pink Haired Pixie Elf and you can tell her from me i am still picking the quill feathers out of my beak from the last time we tango'ed

Last edited:

SaGe

Super Donor
Reaction score
I think we are going to get along Swimmingly... :)