Trainer Search

hanzgog

Reaction score
Hi guys,
So i've been searching for this trainer for a long time, and all that i found are on cheathappens (paid) and on ************* (promo)
I'm sorry if this has been requested before, but i can't find the request in the search service.

If you got the time and the will to create this trainer, i will be forever in your debt :)
And i'm sorry i can't donate any money yet, because i'm still at school so i don't have any master card:(

Thank you MrAntiFun and staff for all of your hard works :D

somethingelse66

Master Donor
Reaction score
Why? Why not use cheats? if you are afraid of losing achievements then just use the "Buddha" cheat instead of god. Problem Solved.
I'll copy-paste a post I made elsewhere for you and others hoping to cheat in Half-life 2, and its episodes, without turning on sv_cheats 1:
(Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by this.)

Working easy cheats for HL2, and these work for episode 1 & 2, and Hl source, and any mods.
The Skill.cfg is what we are focusing on. There is the Scripts folder with weapons in which editing the clip size is fun, but adding/editing a default_clip line with something high like 999 is what makes ammo pickups fairly unlimited.
But back to our Skill.cfg file in the cfg folder.
Here are some interesting lines:
sk_barney_health "999999"
sk_citizen_health "999999"
sk_vortigaunt_health "999999"
sk_vortigaunt_armor_charge "99999"
sk_vortigaunt_armor_charge_per_token "9999"

Those will make your friendlies pretty immortal, also the last about armor charge is to supercharge your suit.
The sk_max_ lines all make it so that you can carry more ammo. The sk_plr_dmg_ line is also pretty self-explanatory: how much damage you make.
sk_airboat_drain_rate "1"
sk_airboat_max_ammo "999"
sk_airboat_recharge_rate "99"

The above will make the airboat machine gun a lot of fun!
sk_ammo_qty_scale1 "999"
sk_ammo_qty_scale2 "99"
sk_ammo_qty_scale3 "9"

The above will increase the ammo given (per difficulty level).
sk_dmg_take_scale1 "0"
sk_dmg_take_scale2 "0"
sk_dmg_take_scale3 "0"

The above will make you virtually immortal (still some places like being crushed or drowning will kill you, but the buddha code will keep you alive even without sv_cheats turned on)
player_throwforce "9999"
This one is fun: it will make throwing stuff at enemies actually hurt and kill them (putting 99999 works too, and will kill npc pretty much instantly as you throw stuff at them).
Now this is you throwing, not with the gravity gun, but picking up with the "E" key and then tossing with primary attack (Mouse1).
There are more, but I'm feeling lazy in describing them, so I'll just copy from my Skill.cfg file:
// HEALTH/SUIT CHARGE DISTRIBUTION
sk_suitcharger "9999"
sk_suitcharger_citadel "9999"
sk_suitcharger_citadel_maxarmor "9999"
sk_battery "9999"
sk_healthcharger "9999"
sk_healthkit "9999"
sk_healthvial "9999"

// player damage adjusters
sk_player_head "0.01"
sk_player_chest "0.01"
sk_player_stomach "0.01"
sk_player_arm "0.01"
sk_player_leg "0.01"

// Allies
sk_ally_regen_time "0.01"

// Jeep
sk_max_gauss_round "9999999"

//Was 7
sk_plr_num_shotgun_pellets "14"
//Was 2, 10
sk_weapon_ar2_alt_fire_duration "4"
sk_weapon_ar2_alt_fire_radius "20"

sk_autoaim_scale1 "2"
sk_autoaim_scale2 "2"
sk_allow_autoaim "1"
sk_autoaim_mode "1"
autoaim_max_dist "99999"

//Was 190
hl2_normspeed "220"
//Was 320
hl2_sprintspeed "355"
//Was 150
hl2_walkspeed "175"

//Was 1500
physcannon_maxforce "2250"
//Was 250
physcannon_maxmass "400"
//Was 8000
physcannon_mega_pullforce "9999"
//Was 850
physcannon_mega_tracelength "1250"
//Was 700
physcannon_minforce "1000"
//Was 4000
physcannon_pullforce "5500"
//Was 250
physcannon_tracelength "400"

Note, once youve either added these into your skill.cfg file, or edited the existing ones to look something like what I've described above, you don't have to do anything else: The skill.cfg file stays as you edited it and the game reads it automatically - So it's a one time edit and play for the rest with your desired results!
That's it, hope this was some use for you!

... But you should donate anyways when you get the chance :)

hanzgog

Reaction score
Dude thank you so much for your help,
but in the Episode 2 I can't locate the skill.cfg inside hl2 folder?
There's only a folder called media there :confused:
Sorry for being a total n00b :(

Oh when i start making money (In about 1 or 2 years ) i'd make sure i will donate :D

somethingelse66

Master Donor
Reaction score
Dude thank you so much for your help,
but in the Episode 2 I can't locate the skill.cfg inside hl2 folder?
There's only a folder called media there :confused:
Sorry for being a total n00b :(
Oh when i start making money (In about 1 or 2 years ) i'd make sure i will donate :D

There are multiple episode folders within the hl2 folder, and they have their own cfg folder, but they rely on the skill.cfg file within the base hl2/cfg folder, so go to the base Half Life 2 folder->cfg folder, and there should be the skill.cfg file. Then check inside the episode folder->cfg folder to see if there is a skill.cfg file and what values it has added/changed.
The skill.cfg in hl2/cfg is like the parent/base file, and by default the episodes load that, but they also load and possibly overwrite any value in the parent skill.cfg file, if so specified in their own skill.cfg file.

hanzgog

Reaction score
There are multiple episode folders within the hl2 folder, and they have their own cfg folder, but they rely on the skill.cfg file within the base hl2/cfg folder, so go to the base Half Life 2 folder->cfg folder, and there should be the skill.cfg file. Then check inside the episode folder->cfg folder to see if there is a skill.cfg file and what values it has added/changed.
The skill.cfg in hl2/cfg is like the parent/base file, and by default the episodes load that, but they also load and possibly overwrite any value in the parent skill.cfg file, if so specified in their own skill.cfg file.

I've uninstalled the Half-Life 2 because i thought i no longer need it, since episode 2 is stand alone....:confused:

somethingelse66

Master Donor
Reaction score
I've uninstalled the Half-Life 2 because i thought i no longer need it, since episode 2 is stand alone....:confused:
Doesn't matter, just find the skill.cfg file in your cfg folder and copy-paste the values above into it. Leave out my commentary, or add the // symbols infront of them to make the source engine not read them.

hanzgog

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, just find the skill.cfg file in your cfg folder and copy-paste the values above into it. Leave out my commentary, or add the // symbols infront of them to make the source engine not read them.

Still can't find it, so i make one.. is that ok?
And also if i want to use the 'budha' command, should i just type it in the console or should i activate something else first?
thanks bro

somethingelse66

Master Donor
Reaction score
Still can't find it, so i make one.. is that ok?
And also if i want to use the 'budha' command, should i just type it in the console or should i activate something else first?
thanks bro
Odd, Episode 2 had its own skill.cfg file at least in my install, but yeah, make one if there isn't one.
You do have a cfg folder right? It needs to be inside that folder.
You don't need to activate anything, like I said, sv_cheats does not need to be turned on. And it's buddha, to d's, like the name. Type it into the console.

hanzgog

Reaction score
Odd, Episode 2 had its own skill.cfg file at least in my install, but yeah, make one if there isn't one.
You do have a cfg folder right? It needs to be inside that folder.
You don't need to activate anything, like I said, sv_cheats does not need to be turned on. And it's buddha, to d's, like the name. Type it into the console.

Dude you are so awesome!
yepp i put it inside the cfg folder :D
Now i can finally play Episode 2 again ;)

(Sorry i was eating my dinner earlier :confused:)