Trainer Search

Yggalf

Reaction score
It is listed as "maybe compatible" which sure beats the absolute incopatibility that we used to have. A couple of cheats still work.

Yeah it was "maybe compatible" already with the past version. But now literally nothing works for me in this game on Wemod. Neither by MrAntifun nor by Stinger.

VynalDerp

Reaction score
As someone who really likes modding games like HoI4, if something is "maybe compatible" there is a 90% chance it just flat out doesn't work. It may as well be incompatibility - I mean, I have a mod for 1.8.2 that is "maybe compatible" for 1.9.0. Spoiler alert, it doesn't work and neither does MrAntiFun's trainer. I couldn't find a single option which actually decided to work - assuming WeMod actually recognized the game was open which it didn't do half of the time. Very frustrating to work with. I would take an .exe trainer file over WeMod any day. Even if the trainer options didn't work, at least it recognized the game was launched - and it never required you to launch the game from the trainer itself either.

Freedom Wölf

Reaction score
As someone who really likes modding games like HoI4, if something is "maybe compatible" there is a 90% chance it just flat out doesn't work. It may as well be incompatibility - I mean, I have a mod for 1.8.2 that is "maybe compatible" for 1.9.0. Spoiler alert, it doesn't work and neither does MrAntiFun's trainer. I couldn't find a single option which actually decided to work - assuming WeMod actually recognized the game was open which it didn't do half of the time. Very frustrating to work with. I would take an .exe trainer file over WeMod any day. Even if the trainer options didn't work, at least it recognized the game was launched - and it never required you to launch the game from the trainer itself either.
I agree with you 100%, but if you're already running the game and you press Play in the WeMod trainer, it enables just like the old exe trainer would. So you can still start it mid-game, it just doesn't outright say you can do it.

VynalDerp

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, but if you're already running the game and you press Play in the WeMod trainer, it enables just like the old exe trainer would. So you can still start it mid-game, it just doesn't outright say you can do it.
Interesting. if I tried doing it that way, sometimes it would launch a second copy of the game (if steam even allowed it, assuming the game is on steam to begin with) or it would appear like it recognized the game (button would grey out and not be spinning) and none of the options would work. Only way to reliably.... well "reliably" have it work is by launching it through WeMod. I wouldn't be surprised if the program just hates me or something.