Trainer Search

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
Dave Meikleham PCGamesN- http://store.steampowered.com/app/359550/

Are you fond of ambient occlusion? Then what a truly glorious day it is to be alive. Ubisoft and Nvidia have partnered up on Rainbow Six Siege to bring some nifty graphical features to the PC version. Ahead of the shooter's release on December 1st, the GPU maker has released a brief trailer highlighting some of these visual features.

Though the full array of tweakable graphics options have yet to be revealed, the trailer shows off a couple of PC-exclusive visual options. First up, there’s HBAO+ - that’s horizon based ambient occlusion to me and you - for some seriously sexy shadow action. If you hate flickering jaggies, the presence of TXAA will also see you right. Mmmm, temporal anti-aliasing.

You’ll need to update your graphics card with the latest drivers, of course, but Nvidia are already promising Geforce Experience optimised settings.

They’re also running a promotion right now, where if you buy select lines of their GPUs - in this case the GTX 970, 980 or 980 TI - you can choose between a free digital copy of Siege or Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. Although if you can afford the latter card, freebies are unlikely to be the top of your diamond-stuffed list of priorities.

Seeing as Rainbow Six Siege seems to be A) nearly always set at night and B) nearly always set in-doors, I wouldn’t hold my breath for Nvidia god rays. Though after the FPS-crippling effect they have on Fallout 4, that’s probably for the best.

Kalas

Honorary Member
Master Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if I should get a Nvidia GPU or AMD GPU
Most of the people recommend Nvidia, tho IDK AMD works just fine for me, I am thinking of GTX 780TI or maybe AMD R9 300series idk...

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
Rainbow Six Siege open beta has been delayed andy chalk pc gamer

The Rainbow Six Siege open beta, which Ubisoft said last week would begin today, has been pushed back to an unspecified future date.

"We’re currently seeing issues with matchmaking times and disconnection on all platforms," Ubisoft wrote on the Rainbow Six forums. "As such we’re postponing the Open Beta until a later time and keeping the game under Closed Beta status. We apologize for the delay and can assure you this is our top priority."

No indication was given as to whether this could impact the scheduled release date, which is set for December 1. I've reached out to Ubisoft for more information and will update when I receive a reply.

Update: Ubisoft says the postponement of the open beta will have "no impact whatsoever" on the release of the game.

tal onzy

Donor
Reaction score
Ben Barrett pcgamesN
Rainbow Six: Siege open beta now available after dodgy servers cause delay

It all went a bit shaped-charge when Rainbow Six: Siege attempted to kick off its open beta period yesterday. Ubisoft discovered that their servers weren't quite prepared for the number of people who wanted in. Besieged as such, they scaled back on access while attempting to fix the problem and have spent the last day hard at work to get this fixed. With only a few days until release, it was quite vital that no problems persisted through the weekend.

As described in a post on the official forums, the servers were unable to start game sessions properly, meaning instability and connectivity issues for everyone. It was effecting every version of the game across the three main platforms. In reaction, only those who had access to the closed beta were allowed to play for the last day.

That's thankfully all over with now. The open beta servers were announced as going live at midday EST, 5pm GMT today and should now be available. There are still some complaints on the forums about problems with connectivity, but the servers do seem to be up. More teething problems would not be ideal, especially with Americans now very much on holiday time.

The full game comes out on December 1st. If you want to try the beta it's available via uPlay for free over this weekend..