Trainer Search

wallsec4102

Donor
Reaction score
I've come across a way to increase pickups by editing assets.bin under res in the gamefiles.
1. Make a backup.
2. Open the file with notepad++(or editor of choice)
3. Search for amount">
4. There will be an entry per key, 3 per type of coin, 4 diamonds, and finally the ore.
5. Change the first entry per type of coin to 9
5a. This will only make the coins worth 9 on the first section, however I've not found a way to edit the others without it making the game unbootable.
. Change the entry for ores to 9
7. Save

This will make every coin collected give 9 gold, and every ore picked up give 9 ores.
THIS ONLY AFFECTS YOU, AND WILL NOT BE VISIBLE TO OTHER PLAYERS UNLESS THEY CHECK YOUR STATS MIDGAME.

It is not possible to go above 9, otherwise it'll make the game unbootable.

This has been patched. Update on next page.

Last edited:

michaelvandenab

Reaction score
I wonder when they start noticing this game's request and hoping for a positive reply ;D

Sir Lauren

Reaction score
I've come across a way to increase pickups by editing assets.bin under res in the gamefiles.
1. Make a backup.
2. Open the file with notepad++(or editor of choice)
3. Search for amount">
4. There will be an entry per key, 3 per type of coin, 4 diamonds, and finally the ore.
5. Change the first entry per type of coin to 9
5a. This will only make the coins worth 9 on the first section, however I've not found a way to edit the others without it making the game unbootable.
. Change the entry for ores to 9
7. Save

This will make every coin collected give 9 gold, and every ore picked up give 9 ores.
THIS ONLY AFFECTS YOU, AND WILL NOT BE VISIBLE TO OTHER PLAYERS UNLESS THEY CHECK YOUR STATS MIDGAME.
It is not possible to go above 9, otherwise it'll make the game unbootable.

I'm sorry to bother you, but could tell me which line this is on or what I should be specifically looking for? I tried this using Notepad++, but couldn't seem to find what you are describing. I like the idea of having a boost to eliminate some of the grind, but I just can't seem to find what I need to alter.
Thank you in advance for your time & help,
Lauren

mystikcloud

Reaction score
I'm sorry to bother you, but could tell me which line this is on or what I should be specifically looking for? I tried this using Notepad++, but couldn't seem to find what you are describing. I like the idea of having a boost to eliminate some of the grind, but I just can't seem to find what I need to alter.
Thank you in advance for your time & help,
Lauren
Doesn't work on new patch. Revert back to version 63 and it's on line 466825

Last edited:

Sir Lauren

Reaction score
Doesn't work on new patch. Revert back to version 63 and it's on line 466825

I'm currently running v63 and found the line, but I think that I must not have the correct plug-in for Notepad++ to see what you're describing. I see amount"> , but no breakdown of keys, coin, diamond, or ore. I hate to be a bother, but could you tell me what plug-in(s) I should be using to view this as you can see it?
Again, I apologize for being a pest & taking up your time, but I'd really like to learn how to do this.
Thanks again,
Lauren

wallsec4102

Donor
Reaction score
New improved way that works on todays patch:
1. Download HxD
2. Go to Gamedir/saves and make a backup of town.bsa [IMPORTANT]
3. Open town.bsa with HxD
4. Set the view to 16 - ANSI - hex (in the top, can't miss it)
5. Edit following values for corresponding changes:
a. Edit 1C - 1E for ORE
b. Edit 28 - 2A for GOLD
NOTICE: DO NOT GO ABOVE 01 1F 1F OTHERWISE IT WILL BECOME NEGATIVE
6. Save
7. Start game

For STARS (Skills)
0. Do previous 1-4
1. Edit 34 - 36 to FF FF FF
2. Save
3. Start game
4. You get around 12 stars (depending on current char progress)
5. Close game
Repeat 1-5 until you have what you need.

Tutorial - How to read the values:
Left value is first character
Top value is second character
Example: Left value 00000020 + Top value 08 = Total 00000028 (which is 28 as 0 doesn't count)
So the golds 28 - 2A is the 3 values where 00000020 and 08 09 0A meet.

Hope this helped.

EDIT: When I tested this myself on the newest patch everything worked fine, however there are reports of some people where it doesn't work. So your mileage may vary. Remember to backup any files you edit.

Last edited:

Sir Lauren

Reaction score
New improved way that works on todays patch:
1. Download HxD
2. Go to Gamedir/saves and make a backup of town.bsa [IMPORTANT]
3. Open town.bsa with HxD
4. Set the view to 16 - ANSI - hex (in the top, can't miss it)
5. Edit following values for corresponding changes:
a. Edit 1C - 1E for ORE
b. Edit 28 - 2A for GOLD
NOTICE: DO NOT GO ABOVE 01 1F 1F OTHERWISE IT WILL BECOME NEGATIVE
6. Save
7. Start game

For STARS (Skills)
0. Do previous 1-4
1. Edit 34 - 36 to FF FF FF
2. Save
3. Start game
4. You get around 12 stars (depending on current char progress)
5. Close game
Repeat 1-5 until you have what you need.

Tutorial - How to read the values:
Left value is first character
Top value is second character
Example: Left value 00000020 + Top value 08 = Total 00000028 (which is 28 as 0 doesn't count)
So the golds 28 - 2A is the 3 values where 00000020 and 08 09 0A meet.

Hope this helped.

EDIT: When I tested this myself on the newest patch everything worked fine, however there are reports of some people where it doesn't work. So your mileage may vary. Remember to backup any files you edit.

I just wanted to take a moment to say "Thank You" for the above instructions (& tutorial - I needed that!!) and to let you know that it worked perfectly. I will note that adding ore caused an issue with the guild disappearing, but that may be something that I messed-up on or simply something within the game or version I'm running.

Just out of curiosity, how do you find or determine what hex values edit their in-game counterpart values? For example, you discovered that 34-36 would edit 'Stars' - how/where did you find that? The reason that I ask (other than just wanting to learn) is that adding Stars will allow me to obtain more skills, but it doesn't increase the maximum Health like normal levelling would. So if I were to adjust the experience level so as to increase my level & health, how would I find that hex values that control that? (Hopefully this makes sense...)

Thanks again!
Lauren

michaelvandenab

Reaction score
Any of the devs working on the cheats yet or even noticed this request? Please update us :)