Trainer Search

Blaatbot

Donor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the update. Still enjoying this game thanks to you.

TheTrooper

Reaction score
Hi all, this is probably nothing but as this is the only file it has ever done it on I thought I would risk looking stupid rather than saying nothing.

Firstly I have downloaded a good few trainers from here all with no problems at all. Today I tried to download the latest trainer for Salt & sanctuary (0.8) but it would get deleted as soon as it was downloaded, it was accompanied by a virus deletion warning. Anyway I thought it was just a false positive so I paused my AV and re-downloaded the file. As soon as it downloaded it wrote something both to my download location and to my Appdata/Roaming folder, it was called "machinelearning" (or something very similar). The fact that it instantly wrote to the appdata location as soon as it was downloaded (not even opened it yet) I decided to run a quick Malware scan and sure enough both locations threw up threat warnings.

I am well aware that some trainers do need to be whitelisted etc in order for them to run but this is the first time I have ever seen a download write immediately to a separate location on my PC before I've even done anything to the file.

Can someone check this out for me please ?

Thanks in advance.

MrSkaizo

Staff
Staff member
Donor
YouTube Manager
Reaction score
Hi all, this is probably nothing but as this is the only file it has ever done it on I thought I would risk looking stupid rather than saying nothing.

Firstly I have downloaded a good few trainers from here all with no problems at all. Today I tried to download the latest trainer for Salt & sanctuary (0.8) but it would get deleted as soon as it was downloaded, it was accompanied by a virus deletion warning. Anyway I thought it was just a false positive so I paused my AV and re-downloaded the file. As soon as it downloaded it wrote something both to my download location and to my Appdata/Roaming folder, it was called "machinelearning" (or something very similar). The fact that it instantly wrote to the appdata location as soon as it was downloaded (not even opened it yet) I decided to run a quick Malware scan and sure enough both locations threw up threat warnings.

I am well aware that some trainers do need to be whitelisted etc in order for them to run but this is the first time I have ever seen a download write immediately to a separate location on my PC before I've even done anything to the file.

Can someone check this out for me please ?

Thanks in advance.
It could be the data download stored (think like a signature file for example) in temp folder so that you can see archive what's inside thus i recommend to pause anti-virus then download and extract to exception folder/file, i recommend optional as well to use download manager such as IDM.

MrAntiFun

Staff member
Website Admin
Reaction score
New trainer added with fixed false positive .

Old trainer scan 11/63

New trainer scan 0/59