Trainer Search

vmvbmvbm

Reaction score
I have been using mrantifun trainers since years but last months trainers cause problem on my pc. İ was using windows 8 and when ı download trainer it didint have problem with my antivirus but now i am using windows 10 for 2 months and anytime when i try to download trainer from mrantifun site, defender warns me about found trojan and delete trainer automaticly. I have never experienced trojan warning from this site but now i am a liitle bit confused to use mrantifun trainer. Anyone has those warning too?

Hellbent

Donor
Reaction score
Some pointers;
1) Windows defender is a piece of junk, it's detections are often weeks behind other free AVS software.

2) What you're seeing is Windows defender taking virus detection signatures from some rather backwards antivirus companies, who consider the software used to make these trainers (CheatEngine) to be bad/evil/etc.

3) If you want a more detailed explanation, i've tried to provide one to another user here : click me (and please excuse the vitriol in my second post there; the OP in that thread is getting on my nerves with his bullheaded insistance that he knows better than the rest of the users in the thread)
The links i provided there will show you what the trainer discussed there does when you run it, and if you check that website out further, you can see how other antivirus companies define it; you'll note some of the smarter companies simply flag it as a CheatEngine-based software, and a Possibly Unwanted Program (because, again, antivirus companies often consider trainers and such to be bad, because "hurr cheaturr!!", even if it's a trainer for a singleplayer game).

I hope this helps you understand things a bit better.
TL;DR : quite a lot of antivirus companies are retarded when it comes to trainers, and the detections are a false positive, don't worry about it too much.

peekaboo69

Super Donor
Reaction score
Just saying anti virus companies arent retarded .. Cheat Engine "exploits" an game which is supposed to be detected by your anti virus because
it's a false positive as it accesses program memory and can inject dll files so some. antivirus products will flag it as a potentially unwanted application .. If your AV is not detecting CE it means its garbage and install something else ..

As long as you know where you are downloading the cheats/ trainers from you should be fine ..

Hellbent

Donor
Reaction score
While i agree they should detect something, most antivirus software works with standard definitions and very little actual detection of process and/or memory injection.
If it's a (well) known attack method (like sending a standard encoded Meterpreter payload), sure, they'll all react and recognize it as Malware.
But have yet to find an antivirus that reacts to me exploiting a simple memory overflow, and then using privilege escalation to get Admin access (if the account i hit isn't an Admin account, of course).
(this is probably the point where i should add i work in IT and also provide Red Team services, so i know a bit about exploitation)