Do use trainer?

• Total voters

Trainer Search

Reaction score
lets discuss why we use trainer when play video game..

ShinoGH

Donor
Reaction score
In my case, it depends on the game and the situation that I'm in at the moment.

For example, Total War Rome 2: I really enjoy the era and whatnot, but hot damn if Creative Assembly made "beating" the grand campaign with those massive victory goals a pain in the neck. Without a trainer, I was almost 250 hours into a campaign where I was beginning to get bored and considering just quitting the campaign and starting a new one. With a trainer, I was able to pick up on some Steam achievements AND actually complete a grand campaign for the first time since the game's release.

The above is purely from a specific situation though. For the most part, I do it because I just want to see the story of the game (RPG's mostly) without having to reload constantly from dying all the time.

Ronhis

Catman
Donor
Reaction score
I use them because im lazy and don't want to waste time collecting coins and what not from loads of tedious side missions just to progress in the game.

MrSkaizo

Staff
Staff member
Donor
YouTube Manager
Reaction score
I use trainers for 3-4 years becouse I like and its fun to press hotkeys to feel cheated in real life :p however sometimes I use them to test,game gets boring which i dont feel powerful to command when I got less resources,people, health decrased...

1008andre

Master Donor
Master Donor
Reaction score
I use trainers because it cuts down on tedium. Also I like playing strategy games but at a really high level the comp is just everywhere, a trainer helps to handle that.

PurpleLuigi

Reaction score
Because I'm playing Dynasty Warriors and its one hell of a grind. I only got it because it leveled up the skills. However it doesn't work lol (As in it doesn't make a difference to the game) so now I wait with a broken game.

Reaction score
look like everybody love a little "god mode" when playing video game...

the_sneaker

Reaction score
look like everybody love a little "god mode" when playing video game...

I think that's what it comes down to: the ability to give ourselves an edge when the developers may have made a mistake. I typically won't use any cheats/a trainer until I've finished the game for the first time unless I've reached a point where it's pretty clear that the developers missed a gaping design flaw--usually a boss fight that is impossibly difficult to complete because it requires using a different style of combat than what you've been playing with the entire game (I'm looking at you Deus Ex: Human Revolution!).