Trainer Search

ckcc11

Reaction score
It would be really cool if Mr. Antifun could make a trainer for this awesome classic. :)

Ulrick K

Reaction score
I managed to use Cheat Engine to give me unlimited lives for the button mashing scene with the giant bugs in the office, I think memory editing the mini games will be harder because you've only got three tries there (Versus up to six lives in the life threatening/button mashing action scenes).

Note:- I had to set the game to windowed mode, because alt+tabbing back and forth between the game and Cheat Engine resulted in a BSOD the first time I tried memory editing the game.

aagems

Reaction score
How do you do that?can you upload the cheat table?as far i remember,the original version (2002) trainer also has only unlimited lives option in game not the mini game as you said,so yeah its hard to cheat the mini games

Ulrick K

Reaction score
Well, in my situation, I noticed I had 5 lives (Of a maximum of 6).
When the action scene started, I paused the game and went to Cheat Engine, entered 5 as the value, 'Scan type' as 'Exact value' and set the 'Value type' to "All" and ran a search.
Then whenever I failed during the sequence and lost a life, I would pause the game and search for the new decreased value (I.e. first time I failed and lost a life, I searched for a value of 4, minimising the results.)

In the end, there were about 3 different addresses that were all the same value, and I assumed all applied to the number of lives, so I added all three of them to the address list, then selected them all
and selected "change record" and changed all their value to the maximum possible lives value '6'.
(didn't experiment to see whether I could type in 999 or something, as I assumed I would cause the game to crash)

Anyhow, I don't understand very much about memory editing at all, but I did notice that the memory address value changed as soon as I restarted the game (even with the same character), so I don't reckon a Cheat Engine cheat table would work Anyhow, if you're having a lot of trouble with a certain game sequence, you could give Cheat Engine a go