Trainer Search

Hoover1979

Donor
Reaction score
I have been compiling Quake HD Remix for the last week with little sleep. I compiled resources from "Quake: Epsilon Build" and "Quake HD" with various resources that I had for some time. I also extensively toyed with the Cvars to give the best Eye Candy the Darkplaces engine can give.

The mod is over 6.5Gb in size (uses PK3 files so really about 12Gb of files) and has full support for BOTH mission packs.

Link to my Steam Quake Discussion showing screenshots and info can be found here (assuming a moderator dosen't delete it for being advertising even though it will be free): http://steamcommunity.com/app/2310/discussions/0/540744475112614331/

If the link gets deleted I will edit this thread.

Here is a test Vid (with parallax removed cause my rig can't handle it). You may notice a couple of yellowish textures near the start. I found out after uploading vid that if texture compression is turned on the yellowish textures are fixed. (also there are real time lighting glitches on Geforce GTX 500 series drivers since the last 10 or more lots of drivers. Will be fine on Radeon cards and Should be fine on 600 series and above (I Hope) I use twin GTX550ti's).

UPDATED VIDEO!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DPqt44_sa9k Best run in 720p

Cheats WILL be enabled in this build. :D

Note: I will be giving a copy to my Beta Tester in 2 days time. After he finishes testing I will upload to the net and post link here (I guarantee it will be Virus/Malware free).:D Watch this space!

Last edited:

Sykoo

Reaction score
This is actually a pretty good idea! A great game with better graphics :)

Will there be any extra shadering etc.?
I mean like is it only a texture repack or is it also new shaders and effects added?

Hoover1979

Donor
Reaction score
I have replaced the textures, weapons, efects, items, most of the enemies, the skies, Replaced all original CD music (Base game & BOTH mission packs) and most of the 2d art. Once again I just compiled everything I could find on the net into a superpack and am not the author of the resources.;)

EDIT: and also real-time lighting and softened real-time shadows.:D

Sykoo

Reaction score
I have replaced the textures, weapons, efects, items, most of the enemies, the skies, Replaced all original CD music (Base game & BOTH mission packs) and most of the 2d art. Once again I just compiled everything I could find on the net into a superpack and am not the author of the resources.;)

EDIT: and also real-time lighting and softened real-time shadows.:D
That's really impressive! I am a game developer and I can approve this message as a good quality content :')
Proud of you :D

Hoover1979

Donor
Reaction score
there is still an issue with a bug with the textures on some of the the Ammo Boxes on Mission Pack 2 so I can't upload the mod until I isolate and fix this annoyance.;):D

Hoover1979

Donor
Reaction score
I just uploaded a new video of Episode 2 Level 1 "The Installation"

Best run in 720p

Last edited:

Sykoo

Reaction score
I just uploaded a new video of Episode 2 Level 1 "The Installation"

Best run in 720p
This is actually really good!
If you'd ask me as a game developer, I'd say try to publish an alpha and get people to play it! In this case, you'll get feedback and also gain some users who will stay active! But the choice is yours :)
Amazing work by the way, keep it up!

Hoover1979

Donor
Reaction score
this is a compilation of public domain resources and so I can only release it for free. I don't want to get sued by dozens of people.

Sykoo

Reaction score
this is a compilation of public domain resources and so I can only release it for free. I don't want to get sued by dozens of people.
I do understand that but you can still make an early release with bugs and stuff, then patch them to make a full release :)

Hoover1979

Donor
Reaction score
I guess so.;) the only main bug I have noticed atm is issues with the skins of some of the ammo boxes in MP2 so I hope to fix that soon. however I need to wait till atleast the 18th of july when I get a full download allowance so I can upload the mod (without full version game data) to my Google Drive and share it publicly. I will also share the download links here for yourself and any other interested users to download. (I will scan it with several scanners first to guarantee nothing malicious goes public):D

Sykoo

Reaction score
I guess so.;) the only main bug I have noticed atm is issues with the skins of some of the ammo boxes in MP2 so I hope to fix that soon. however I need to wait till atleast the 18th of july when I get a full download allowance so I can upload the mod (without full version game data) to my Google Drive and share it publicly. I will also share the download links here for yourself and any other interested users to download. (I will scan it with several scanners first to guarantee nothing malicious goes public):D
Great idea! It's gonna be good to see the full verison :)

Hoover1979

Donor
Reaction score
Mod is currently uploading to my Google Drive as I type. It will be available for download in several hours.:D

Sykoo

Reaction score
Great! I might not be able to download right now though, but I'll asap :)

Hoover1979

Donor
Reaction score
Mod has been Updated today. I found in my caffeine fueled sleepless nights madly compiling away I accidentally left unnecicery duplicates of textures. Now trimmed the mod is only a 4.7Gb download and plays just the same.