Trainer Search

Shimi85

Reaction score
SO my AVS stated there was a virus in the trainer, i dismissed it then i went to email the trainer to a buddy and the email stated it had a virus and would not allow me to send it....what cause my AVS and my email to detect a virus?

UncleBagel

Reaction score
SO my AVS stated there was a virus in the trainer, i dismissed it then i went to email the trainer to a buddy and the email stated it had a virus and would not allow me to send it....what cause my AVS and my email to detect a virus?
It's a false positive and it isn't a virus so no worries there

LucyLawless

Donor
Reaction score
Some trainers get flagged as false positives with antiviruses (both programs themselves and emails) because they modify another program while it's running and also wait for keys to be pressed on the computer so the options on the trainer can be activated. This is exactly what real trojan's/key loggers do. The trainers on this site (Atleast the ones submitted by MrAntiFun. I can't vouch for player submitted ones) have no viruses in them. I've done scans with https://virusscan.jotti.org/ and https://www.virustotal.com/ (Which scans a file through 18 different anti viruses. If a file is truly "infected" it should set off at least 80% of the antiviruses. If you happen to get one of these messages as a result (generic, suspicious or packer) then the file is clean. If you get a different "Warning" message then those 3 the file you you are downloading/downloaded is infected.

Last edited:

dragonyiffclub

Reaction score
Yeah i'm pretty overly-cautious about trainers myself, but given this site is pretty active, huge forum... don't think Mrantifun would have any reason to load viruses in thier stuff suddenly.. just make sure you download it from the official links, not elsewhere to be 100% safe.

Reaction score
Trainers are "memory residents". They edit the memory the CPU uses, meaning its trying to do something outside the parameters of the game/OS. That's why just about every Trainer flags your antivirus. However, using AVG Free, Only 1-2 Trainers of MrAntiFun's has flagged. But you can do like I did, and set an "exception" for a folder where you put all your trainers and such just in case!

For your program, i'm not sure. You would have to google it.