Yeah this need an update bad. It looks like the Anti-Cheat got itself an update recently that we aren't aware of and the trainer crashes shortly after activating any cheats after we enable the Disable Anti-Cheat option.
Follow my instructions. Tested 12/26/2018. With latest version 5.8.3. Works perfectly fine. F1 (Activate Trainer) and F2 (Disable Anti-cheats) works just fine. This is for single player only and not for multiplayer. Read the rules and follow instructions properly.
Latest V5.8.3062235Traineris working with latest version of game: 5.8.3062235 (Rise of Rajas) Steam Version. (Sept 2018)
Follow these steps to make trainer work:
1. Download latest trainer, disable anti-virus or add to exclusion if you have any problems.
2. Open steam and run AOE2 HD
3. Load game and ALT-TAB back into Windows
4. Run Age Of Empires 2 HD Edition V5.8.3062235 Trainer +6
5. Press F1 and you will hear "trainer activated" and will light up in red F1 Active Trainer
6. Sometimes AOE will CRASH. If this happens, repeat until doesn't crash then go to step 7
7. Wait a second, press F2 and activate Disable AntiCheatswill change color to RED.
8. Alt-tab back into AOE2 and load a Single Player Game or Campaign.
9. When game is loaded alt-tab back into trainer to activate cheats. When color is RED means cheat is activated.
Do not use in multiplayer, risk to get banned from STEAM and de-sync game. Single player only!!!
If you are having trouble, delete AOE2 from Steam and re-download game, reboot computer and try again.
Tested today (12/26/2018) multiple times and working just fine. If you have any problems post, but TRAINER is WORKING!!! AGAIN NOT FOR MULTIPLAYER
My game is crashing when I enable the "Disable anticheats" It will keep running when I activate the trainer, but will crash just secounds after activation of the Disable Anti cheats. Have tried all that was stated above including reinstalling the game, and yes I have all the DLC's so far.