Trainer Search

WeMod_Chris

WeMod Community Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the way you didn't answer any of the questions I asked there, nice one. Let me rephrase in case you didn't catch it the first time:

Will all the trainers created by MAF for games that your platform does not already support, be added to the platform, thus expanding your library of supported games?

It's a valid and pretty important question too, because if your answer is yes, they will be added, then your platform suddenly expands the number of games that are supported, and quickly. That will have a major impact on your request system, and on your sales of these coin things and "PRO" Memberships now won't it. Which is why I asked you, if that was the reason you're "revamping" your request system. But all you did was dodge every question.

Here's your current games request list below. I've added a green tick for every game in your request queue that's already been done by MAF.

Isn't interesting that you dodged the questions, when you consider that having these games added to your supported games list in the future requires the votes of people, who (in your mind hopefully) will spend real money in order to be able to vote for them. Is that why you didn't answer? Trying to prevent some losses to revenue perhaps? Should be interesting to see if that pictured list of games are all suddenly supported in the coming weeks, or if you keep them there.

Yeah, this is going great.
We only show the top 15(?) games in WeMod but there are currently more than 5000 games with votes. We are going back through all of his trainers to determine which ones will be transferred. A lot of them will be transferred but not necessarily all of them. We've been working on the revamped voting system for a couple of months now. WePoints are free, everyone earns them doing daily objectives they do not have to be purchased.

Adoniis

Reaction score
it also dosn't help that only popular games seem to get trainers on WeMod, meaning we will be out of luck for the unpopular ones

Of all the things to ***** about this isn't one as that is exactly the same here and literally any other trainer site.

RenepogeL

Master Donor
Reaction score
Why not all of them? Too afraid to miss out on those sweet, sweet dollars? That is kinda bull...

Yeah, this. This is basically you picking and choosing which Trainers of MAF's to take, so that you can continue making money, while denying us access to the ones you don't want.

Someone asked earlier in the thread, if old trainers would continue to be available on this site. The reply was no, that the threads will be updated, but the trainer won't be available except on WeMod.

I realise I'm probably giving you a headache here Chris, but seriously, this smells bad. You're trying really hard to skirt around the fact, that you're decreasing the amount of MAF's content that will be available, and are very obviously more concerned with profit than anything. If that wasn't the case, then I'm pretty sure you'd be taking all of his trainers, not picking and choosing which ones will cause the least disruption to your bottom line.

This is 100% demonstrating everything that we're all nervous about happening.

I bet that when you guys finally get around to giving "Pro" to MAF's Donors, it isn't permanent either, it'll be one free month or similar. Yeah nah, I trust MAF and have backed him forever, but the more this thread progresses, the less faith I have in anything to do with WeMod. Judging by the messages I'm getting from other members, it seems I'm really not alone.

WeMod_Chris

WeMod Community Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, this. This is basically you picking and choosing which Trainers of MAF's to take, so that you can continue making money, while denying us access to the ones you don't want.

Someone asked earlier in the thread, if old trainers would continue to be available on this site. The reply was no, that the threads will be updated, but the trainer won't be available except on WeMod.

I realise I'm probably giving you a headache here Chris, but seriously, this smells bad. You're trying really hard to skirt around the fact, that you're decreasing the amount of MAF's content that will be available, and are very obviously more concerned with profit than anything. If that wasn't the case, then I'm pretty sure you'd be taking all of his trainers, not picking and choosing which ones will cause the least disruption to your bottom line.

This is 100% demonstrating everything that we're all nervous about happening.

I bet that when you guys finally get around to giving "Pro" to MAF's Donors, it isn't permanent either, it'll be one free month or similar. Yeah nah, I trust MAF and have backed him forever, but the more this thread progresses, the less faith I have in anything to do with WeMod. Judging by the messages I'm getting from other members, it seems I'm really not alone.
We aren't deleting any of the old trainers, he simply won't be releasing the individual exes for updates or new games. We don't see a reason to port trainers if ours is newer or has more options available. All of the games MAF has available will be available in WeMod it just won't necessarily be his trainer.

Last edited:

Adoniis

Reaction score
We aren't deleting any of the old trainers, he simply won't be releasing the individual exes for updates or new games. We don't see a reason to port trainers if ours is newer or has more options available. All of the games MAF has available will be available in WeMod it just won't necessarily be his trainer.

I think it's all in how you are presenting it. If you already have newer trainers for the games you aren't taking, that should have been the first thing you said. When trying to run a successful business make sure you word everything properly. That one small paragraph eased at least that one small issue. See? Progress. Doesn't fix everything but it helps.

Now the real question, are you going to make sure you actually have trainers already for these game trainers you aren't taking or are they going to be abandoned because no one spent real money to 'vote' on them?

AhrounDragon

Reaction score
Ugh i loved this site for its trainers.. but this news of partnering with a bunch of loonies who lock 99% of the options behind "pro" is a terrible idea. I wonder how much MAF sold out to them for.

Dude, they are not locking ANY options behind "pro". All trainer options are available, whether you pay or not. They have said this several times, but apparently, you were not paying attention. It's not like MTX where some of the trainer options are only available to Silver or Gold subscriptions, or Cheat Happens where only the single least useful cheat is available unless you pay.

Last edited:

AhrounDragon

Reaction score
Now the real question, are you going to make sure you actually have trainers already for these game trainers you aren't taking or are they going to be abandoned because no one spent real money to 'vote' on them?

That is a valid concern. Take The Long Dark for example. They're still working on adding content and/or hotfixing things, so every few months a new trainer has to be made. (20 trainers between 11 August 2017 and 27 February 2019.) If the trainer stops getting updated because nobody's spending money to 'vote' on it, then I'm going to have to look elsewhere for trainers. WeMod_Chris, what's your input on this?

Neo Arcane

Reaction score
Honestly, if you want my opinion...I think MAF has become a sellout by joining WeMod.
it's no different than joining CH.com.

MAF...you are making a big mistake by joining them, some, if not, most of the ppl here
think this merger is a bad idea. believe me, solo trainer makers like yourself, FLiNG, LinGon
& many others are better off without the likes of WeMod.

ban me if you like or must...but I'm advising you...if you go ahead with this, it'll come back
to bite ye in the backside. not just from the backlash of us loyal members, but also from
a financial perspective when you realize you're not getting a fair cut of the profits.

Adoniis

Reaction score
I think MAF has become a sellout

I hate that term 'sellout'. Literally anyone who has ever created anything, ever, is a sellout unless they gave away what they made for 100% free (Which no trainer maker, or any 'creator', really does). Calling someone a sellout is meant to be an insult (again, which is stupid) and won't help you prove any point.

Neo Arcane

Reaction score
I hate that term 'sellout'. Literally anyone who has ever created anything, ever, is a sellout unless they gave away what they made for 100% free (Which no trainer maker, or any 'creator', really does). Calling someone a sellout is meant to be an insult (again, which is stupid) and won't help you prove any point.
says the man who highlights only part of my comment & not the whole damn post.

WeMod_Chris

WeMod Community Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a valid concern. Take The Long Dark for example. They're still working on adding content and/or hotfixing things, so every few months a new trainer has to be made. (20 trainers between 11 August 2017 and 27 February 2019.) If the trainer stops getting updated because nobody's spending money to 'vote' on it, then I'm going to have to look elsewhere for trainers. WeMod_Chris, what's your input on this?
The only gams that are abandoned are those that can no longer be updated generally because of non-bypassable anti-cheat(we've abandoned a total of 2 games). With MAF there should be no issues keeping trainers up-to-date. As I stated previously there are very few outdated cheats in WeMod, just because a game is updated does not mean the cheats no longer work.

AhrounDragon

Reaction score
The only gams that are abandoned are those that can no longer be updated generally because of non-bypassable anti-cheat(we've abandoned a total of 2 games). With MAF there should be no issues keeping trainers up-to-date. As I stated previously there are very few outdated cheats in WeMod, just because a game is updated does not mean the cheats no longer work.

Conversely, just because a game is updated does not mean the cheats do continue to work. Continuing with my previous example, if that were the case, The Long Dark would not have needed 20 trainers. (And it would have needed more, if the offsets changed every time the game's been patched. Fortunately, it's usually only the major content updates, such as when they add new regions to the game, or when they added the second chapter, or when they added the revolver, that tends to require a trainer update.)

It depends on how the cheats are implemented... on some games, the offsets of the memory locations you need to alter stay the same regardless. On others, they change after every load screen. E.g., The Great Giana Sisters - the memory location that tracks how many times you 'died' changes every time you change levels (or even if you restart the level you're currently on). Or, for another example, any of the games derived from Farm Frenzy 2... there are two memory locations that need to be changed to add more money. One of the two offsets changes every time you load a level, the other one does not. I'm not privy to how your client determines which offsets to use, so maybe it compensates for things like that.

(P.S., if anyone should happen to be wondering why I even bothered to write a trainer for the Farm Frenzy games... it was specifically for one person I know who lost both his arms in a car accident and has to use his feet to operate a computer.)

Last edited:

AhrounDragon

Reaction score
says the man who highlights only part of my comment & not the whole damn post.

And yet he's not wrong. The popular definition of sellout is "One who betrays a cause for personal advancement," and even then it gets misused. Green Day, for example, are considered sell-outs because they are a punk band who was popular on MTV. Green Day never stated that they would never be on MTV, thus they are not sell-outs in that sense. They also never changed their musical style for monetary reasons, thus they are are not sell-outs in the more literal sense of the word. And yet they still get called "sellouts" for something they never said they wouldn't do.

Similarly, MAF has never said that he would never charge for his trainers; in fact, that's why he has/had a Patreon account, so those who feel like donating can do so. Not only that, but even with the partnership with WeMod, all trainer functions are still available whether you pay or not, unlike CH.com, where every cheat except the most useless one is hidden behind a paywall.

In other words, he's not a sellout, because he still doesn't require you to pay for his trainers, and none of the functions have been disabled behind a paywall. The only thing that's changed is the distribution method. And even though WeMod lets people vote for the games they want to see trainers for, I don't think they'd stop MAF from writing trainers for any game he damn well pleases. So if MAF creates a trainer for (game that hasn't been voted for), WeMod will probably still add it to their client unless they already have a newer/better trainer for that title. Maybe WeMod_Chris will want to weigh in on this as well.

WeMod_Chris

WeMod Community Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
And yet he's not wrong. The popular definition of sellout is "One who betrays a cause for personal advancement," and even then it gets misused. Green Day, for example, are considered sell-outs because they are a punk band who was popular on MTV. Green Day never stated that they would never be on MTV, thus they are not sell-outs in that sense. They also never changed their musical style for monetary reasons, thus they are are not sell-outs in the more literal sense of the word. And yet they still get called "sellouts" for something they never said they wouldn't do.

Similarly, MAF has never said that he would never charge for his trainers; in fact, that's why he has/had a Patreon account, so those who feel like donating can do so. Not only that, but even with the partnership with WeMod, all trainer functions are still available whether you pay or not, unlike CH.com, where every cheat except the most useless one is hidden behind a paywall.

In other words, he's not a sellout, because he still doesn't require you to pay for his trainers, and none of the functions have been disabled behind a paywall. The only thing that's changed is the distribution method. And even though WeMod lets people vote for the games they want to see trainers for, I don't think they'd stop MAF from writing trainers for any game he damn well pleases. So if MAF creates a trainer for (game that hasn't been voted for), WeMod will probably still add it to their client unless they already have a newer/better trainer for that title. Maybe WeMod_Chris will want to weigh in on this as well.
This is correct. MAF can create the trainers he wishes and update what he wants. He can even release duplicate trainers on WeMod if he wishes to do so. The voting system is mostly for our trainer creators and if MAF decides to work off that then it is his choice.

Adoniis

Reaction score
I tried WeMod over the weekend. Meh. It's nothing special but it isn't really that horrible either.

Needs work though, a lot of it. Weird issues like not being able to scan for games you have installed and the fact half the trainers I tried (about 10) worked but shut themselves off once I went back to the game I was playing. Of course these all had the giant red "VOTE TO UPDATE" buttons on them even though the trainers used in WeMod work fine if not used IN WeMod. I find that funny but whatever. It is what it is. You know as well as the rest of us that nothing we say will change anything so, moving on.

WeMod_Chris

WeMod Community Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried WeMod over the weekend. Meh. It's nothing special but it isn't really that horrible either.

Needs work though, a lot of it. Weird issues like not being able to scan for games you have installed and the fact half the trainers I tried (about 10) worked but shut themselves off once I went back to the game I was playing. Of course these all had the giant red "VOTE TO UPDATE" buttons on them even though the trainers used in WeMod work fine if not used IN WeMod. I find that funny but whatever. It is what it is. You know as well as the rest of us that nothing we say will change anything so, moving on.
What games did you try and when you say they shut themselves off are you referring to the cheat turned off or WeMod was no longer injected? The former would be caused by a trainer needing an update. The vote for update button has no effect on how the trainer works it simply means there has been an update to the game since the trainer was released so if they work in the standalone trainer there is no reason they wouldn't work in WeMod.