Trainer Search

Jay in DC

Master Donor
Reaction score
I am not going to throw shade around like a lot of others here but I will say my piece and then sh-t the **** up.

You see several people like myself on this thread w/ that 'Master Donor' or higher tag on our name? We got that because we found a guy who had integrity giving something away that required a f-ck of a lot of hard work and effort ---FOR FREE---. We realize this was unsustainable and so we paid him because it was the ethical thing to do? Why? Ethical treatment breeds the same. If you can say with a straight face you are going to provide the same content in a totally straightforward and ethical fashion then more power to you. MAF was saying he basically cannot continue so I expected this site to fold anyways. Maybe this will allow it to limp along a bit more or maybe something amazing will appear.

But my 'spidey sense' tells me this smell of monetization, going 'whaling', and loot boxes. All of which are garbage trends that need to die. I also echo what another commenter posted. If I am going to have to move into a subscription based model vs. here where I could just throw big chunks of cash around as I saw fit because I wanted to support a guy working his freakin' ass off why not CheatHappens? They are way ahead of the curve on all of this.

I am a grown up I realize the economics vs. time issue here was not favorable to MAF I just hope that the years of extreme loyalty and good 'feelz' that have been cultivated here are not pissed away because we are now dollar signs instead of users. Many businesses have been burned down due to this loss of goodwill when there is a buy out.

My unsolicited .02, peace,
--Jay

Zach

Staff member
Donor
Reaction score
I love the way you didn't answer any of the questions I asked there, nice one. Let me rephrase in case you didn't catch it the first time:

Will all the trainers created by MAF for games that your platform does not already support, be added to the platform, thus expanding your library of supported games?

It's a valid and pretty important question too, because if your answer is yes, they will be added, then your platform suddenly expands the number of games that are supported, and quickly. That will have a major impact on your request system, and on your sales of these coin things and "PRO" Memberships now won't it. Which is why I asked you, if that was the reason you're "revamping" your request system. But all you did was dodge every question.

Here's your current games request list below. I've added a green tick for every game in your request queue that's already been done by MAF.

Isn't interesting that you dodged the questions, when you consider that having these games added to your supported games list in the future requires the votes of people, who (in your mind hopefully) will spend real money in order to be able to vote for them. Is that why you didn't answer? Trying to prevent some losses to revenue perhaps? Should be interesting to see if that pictured list of games are all suddenly supported in the coming weeks, or if you keep them there.

Yeah, this is going great.

We are going to add as many games from this site as we can. It's not going to happen overnight.

We're revamping our request system to make it fairer, not to make more money. More info on that in the coming months.

I happen to use wemod and MAF for for a while but cmon. Wemod is not a update friendly platform and I was there when then decided to hide the click feature behind the pro version. I guess I have to resort to cheat tables now.

A big reason this partnership worked out is because we acknowledged we had a problem with updates. That's a big reason why MAF joined up with us.

Adoniis

Reaction score
What games did you try and when you say they shut themselves off are you referring to the cheat turned off or WeMod was no longer injected? The former would be caused by a trainer needing an update. The vote for update button has no effect on how the trainer works it simply means there has been an update to the game since the trainer was released so if they work in the standalone trainer there is no reason they wouldn't work in WeMod.

One of the ones I am referring to is My Time in Portia. The cheats shut off, yes mostly likely because it needs an update. That is only one but it's the same for all of them.

You are missing the point though. It has nothing to do with being how it effect the trainer. This game needs 1000 votes to be updated. 1000. That is a ******* joke. I wont bother checking how many votes the other games need. If you over there at WeMod don't see how stupid that is than nothing anyone here says matters.

Anyhow. Good luck to you. I've said my piece. Moving on.

provugab

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem: I can't even install WeMod, something about being unable to launch Update.exe, also I checked the "log file" and it's a log file from bf2battlelog, back from 2017. I think it's a problem with SQuirrel. I have the latest Windows 10 updates, .Net Framework, and probably anything else you throw at me.

Sophodot

Reaction score
WeMod has this kind of things written everywhere:
Supports 31 game versions
WeMod uses advanced technology to detect the game version you’re running and will let you know if it's supported. If it's not, you will still have the option of giving it a try or requesting an update!
WeMod automatically detects which version you have installed and activates the mods accordingly. So there’s no need to worry about which version of the game you have!
Bug fixes and game compatibility improvements

So how about giving me some actual information about which versions you support? Try as I might, I couldn't find any of that. The people who come here may not know how to make a trainer themselves, but they certainly don't think cheats just magically happen. The trainers released by MAF were mostly just cheat tables which stated clearly that they work for version X.YZ of the abcdefg.exe executable. As long as the trainer tells me what it expects, I'm pretty sure I can check if it's compatible. I don't want an app 10 times the size of the trainer itself to have to do it for me automatically. You couldn't hope to account for all the possible situations. Oh, and please don't force me to launch the game from your app to be able to use the cheats. Just show which executable I need to run. We have enough game clients to deal with already.

For example, I once had version 1.11 of a game, and MAF had trainers for versions 1.10 and 1.12. So I tried them both and found that a bunch of cheats from v1.10 trainer worked and the rest worked from the v.1.12 trainer. By using them together, I had access to all the cheats. Can WeMod accomplish that?

WeMod_Chris

WeMod Community Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the ones I am referring to is My Time in Portia. The cheats shut off, yes mostly likely because it needs an update. That is only one but it's the same for all of them.

You are missing the point though. It has nothing to do with being how it effect the trainer. This game needs 1000 votes to be updated. 1000. That is a ******* joke. I wont bother checking how many votes the other games need. If you over there at WeMod don't see how stupid that is than nothing anyone here says matters.

Anyhow. Good luck to you. I've said my piece. Moving on.
Games don't have to reach that vote number to be updated. The whole point of the system is so we can prioritize easier. MAF himself said the voting system is superior to just having posts on the forums; however, he will continue to update a few trainers every week from update request here.

WeMod has this kind of things written everywhere:

So how about giving me some actual information about which versions you support? Try as I might, I couldn't find any of that. The people who come here may not know how to make a trainer themselves, but they certainly don't think cheats just magically happen. The trainers released by MAF were mostly just cheat tables which stated clearly that they work for version X.YZ of the abcdefg.exe executable. As long as the trainer tells me what it expects, I'm pretty sure I can check if it's compatible. I don't want an app 10 times the size of the trainer itself to have to do it for me automatically. You couldn't hope to account for all the possible situations. Oh, and please don't force me to launch the game from your app to be able to use the cheats. Just show which executable I need to run. We have enough game clients to deal with already.

For example, I once had version 1.11 of a game, and MAF had trainers for versions 1.10 and 1.12. So I tried them both and found that a bunch of cheats from v1.10 trainer worked and the rest worked from the v.1.12 trainer. By using them together, I had access to all the cheats. Can WeMod accomplish that?
Game versioning is not reliable since not every game updates version numbers. We used to display it and it added nothing to WeMod except clutter. We expect our users to be running games purchased from the DRM platform listed which means you should always be on the newest update.

As far as launching the games. You do not need to launch the game from WeMod. If you launch it from Steam/uplay/origin/where ever you can alt-tab after it has loaded and click play and it will inject into the running process.

HereSince2006

Reaction score
Game versioning is not reliable since not every game updates version numbers. We used to display it and it added nothing to WeMod except clutter. We expect our users to be running games purchased from the DRM platform listed which means you should always be on the newest update.

As far as launching the games. You do not need to launch the game from WeMod. If you launch it from Steam/uplay/origin/where ever you can alt-tab after it has loaded and click play and it will inject into the running process.
No, No, and some more NO. You do not get to force the expectation of using current versions of purchased games on people, I own battlefleet gothic armada 2, bought and paid for on steam however in one of the recent versions they broke something that made some cheats unable to work, so I downloaded an older version so I could play the game I spent $80 on the collector's edition to play it how I wanted with ALL the cheats. That is not for some for-profit company to decide that I should be using current DRM protected bullcrap ON A CHEATING WEBSITE, why do you think MAF keeps all the older versions available?
Because not everyone wants to play the current version of every game, sometimes games push an update with crappy content that diminishes the game and so people stop playing the live version and download and go back to an older version ---OF A GAME THEY PAID FOR----. YOU do not get to make that decision for people, so far you have dodged and evaded many questions, cherry picked from people's quotes to serve your own purposes and not addressing part's of their post that you blatantly don't have a good answer or cover up story for& made the most ridiculous assumption/position I've seen a CS rep take in awhile... it'd be one thing if you were posting that drivel on a gaming company website or a website and representing a company that wasn't solely about BREAKING AND CHEATING games which goes against probably half the TOS's of the games on the trainer list.
and sometimes people have driver compatibility issues and are unable to update their drivers so screw them even if they donate they don't get to use the cheats anymore because they can't update their game? what the ****?
3rd point is alot of people aren't very technically adept and will not know how to go in and manually find their games because the crappy app doesnt find over 80% of the games installed, and the figure of 29k games on your platform is hysterical and completely untrue, unless you are talking about a bunch of trainers for free bogus steam games or something that noone has ever heard of.
4th- where the hell did the app that is scanning my computer install itself to without permission or asking for an install location? alot of people DO NOT INSTALL GAMES IN THE DEFAULT LOCATION for security and many other reasons and would like to know where the app is so i can put it where I want it
5th- the wemod app would NOT work when I tried doing what you said and not launching it directly from the stupid wemod app.... which is ridiculous because some games are required to be launched from THEIR launcher, something in 2019 we already have wayyyy to many of and don't need another of

BUT there is 1 thing I do really like and wish that more platforms and companies would use... that whole dragging and dropping the exe onto the app and it copies the shortcut destination is fantastic.

Last edited:

Zach

Staff member
Donor
Reaction score
No, No, and some more NO. You do not get to force the expectation of using current versions of purchased games on people, I own battlefleet gothic armada 2, bought and paid for on steam however in one of the recent versions they broke something that made some cheats unable to work, so I downloaded an older version so I could play the game I spent $80 on the collector's edition to play it how I wanted with ALL the cheats. That is not for some for-profit company to decide that I should be using current DRM protected bullcrap ON A CHEATING WEBSITE, why do you think MAF keeps all the older versions available?
Because not everyone wants to play the current version of every game, sometimes games push an update with crappy content that diminishes the game and so people stop playing the live version and download and go back to an older version ---OF A GAME THEY PAID FOR----. YOU do not get to make that decision for people, so far you have dodged and evaded many questions, cherry picked from people's quotes to serve your own purposes and not addressing part's of their post that you blatantly don't have a good answer or cover up story for& made the most ridiculous assumption/position I've seen a CS rep take in awhile... it'd be one thing if you were posting that drivel on a gaming company website or a website and representing a company that wasn't solely about BREAKING AND CHEATING games which goes against probably half the TOS's of the games on the trainer list.
and sometimes people have driver compatibility issues and are unable to update their drivers so screw them even if they donate they don't get to use the cheats anymore because they can't update their game? what the ****?
3rd point is alot of people aren't very technically adept and will not know how to go in and manually find their games because the crappy app doesnt find over 80% of the games installed, and the figure of 29k games on your platform is hysterical and completely untrue, unless you are talking about a bunch of trainers for free bogus steam games or something that noone has ever heard of.
4th- where the hell did the app that is scanning my computer install itself to without permission or asking for an install location? alot of people DO NOT INSTALL GAMES IN THE DEFAULT LOCATION for security and many other reasons and would like to know where the app is so i can put it where I want it
5th- the wemod app would NOT work when I tried doing what you said and not launching it directly from the stupid wemod app.... which is ridiculous because some games are required to be launched from THEIR launcher, something in 2019 we already have wayyyy to many of and don't need another of

BUT there is 1 thing I do really like and wish that more platforms and companies would use... that whole dragging and dropping the exe onto the app and it copies the shortcut destination is fantastic.
WeMod detects the version of your game and starts old versions of trainers. We don't display the version string, but if our trainer works with your version it will show that it's compatible.

We keep a database of all games, we don't have 29K trainers.. sorry for the confusion.

Launching games and then clicking "Play" in the app works, if it's not for you, please make a bug report and we will look into it.

Thank you for the feedback about dragging and dropping.

The WeMod Team is CONSTANTLY improving the app. Any suggestions or feedback is helpful and allows us to improve it. We don't ignore any piece of feedback.

We know the voting system isn't the best. That's why we're changing it and we don't follow it 100%. We frequently update games that don't hit 1,000 votes.

istvan365

Donor
Reaction score
the way Wemod app install itself is highly illegal: without question, self-installing, no way to uninstall...and the best part is, when i ignore all that and try to start a game, my antivirus (that saved me more than few times), because the way your app is working when she tryes to inject itself into game, DELETES my GAME FILES because they get infected with your crappy app...

i do realize that MrAF deserve to be adequately payed for his work, but you guys at Wemod are for sure far from a good option...

sadly, i wish you good luck MrAF, i had a lot of fun using your creations trough years...

as for Wemod team, get your shit straight and stop evading the answers, then there is a chance that people will trust you eventually, i know i won't...

Frank

Staff member
Donor
Reaction score
the way Wemod app install itself is highly illegal: without question, self-installing, no way to uninstall...and the best part is, when i ignore all that and try to start a game, my antivirus (that saved me more than few times), because the way your app is working when she tryes to inject itself into game, DELETES my GAME FILES because they get infected with your crappy app...
It isn't illegal to install like that. The installer just extracts itself to local AppData, creates a shortcut, and can be uninstalled from the control panel.

We've never had a report of game files being deleted by AV. Which game is that happening with, and with what AV? The app doesn't do anything fancy or sketchy to inject into the game.

as for Wemod team, get your shit straight and stop evading the answers, then there is a chance that people will trust you eventually, i know i won't...
We truly haven't been holding anything back with the details of this partnership or our future plans. Which questions do you want answered?

kurkur123123

Reaction score
Sad to see MAF sold out to bunch of scam artists. Nobody asked for another paywall "client"! Guess those scumbags will be going after FLiNG next, because as long as there are alternatives, they are not fooling anyone.

Frank

Staff member
Donor
Reaction score
Sad to see MAF sold out to bunch of scam artists. Nobody asked for another paywall "client"! Guess those scumbags will be going after FLiNG next, because as long as there are alternatives, they are not fooling anyone.
Everything that's free in other trainers is free in WeMod. We're not scam artists. We're a handful of gamers who got into game h@cking when we were teenagers and figured we can make a decent living off of it. There's really nothing else to it. MAF is a great guy and he wouldn't have partnered with us if WeMod were a scam. The "paywall" is for features like the remote and GUI controls - stuff that other free trainers don't even have. We've put a lot of work into WeMod (it's basically our life), and we think we struck a good balance between free and paid features to allow us to maintain and improve the app and to give the developers and others involved a fair cut.

backohead

Reaction score
Also dont lie and say Mr Antifun's Mods will work exactly the same as they did here on WeMod. Will they work on ANY VERSION of a PC game like they DO NOW? I see your already censoring words here lol? So your not leaving the trainers here, the same ones we have all been using, and been using on ANY version of the game we choose? So eventually everything will be on WeMod? Mark it here folks, the downfall of the greatest trainer site there ever was. Sucks. :-(

Frank

Staff member
Donor
Reaction score
Also dont lie and say Mr Antifun's Mods will work exactly the same as they did here on WeMod. Will they work on ANY VERSION of a PC game like they DO NOW? I see your already censoring words here lol? So your not leaving the trainers here, the same ones we have all been using, and been using on ANY version of the game we choose? So eventually everything will be on WeMod? Mark it here folks, the downfall of the greatest trainer site there ever was. Sucks. :-(
MrAntiFun is doing everything the same as he always has, just with minimal code to hook the cheats up to WeMod. Older versions created on WeMod will be available in the app indefinitely, and the app will automatically select the trainer that is most compatible with the game version you have installed. You can manually pick an older trainer in the "History" tab on the right side of the trainer.

If you need a trainer for a game version older than a few weeks ago, they will remain on this site. Everything will still be available to download.

I see your already censoring words here lol?
The censored words haven't been touched. I was just as surprised as you are to see that h@cking is censored.

backohead

Reaction score
Glad to know older trainers will remain, that's good news. Guess I haven't posted much in the forums, I just noticed these words being changed/censored lol didnt realize they were always censored. Thanks for replying. People love this site so much I am sure your not surprised alot of people are worried yet happy for MR Antifun @ the same time. He deserves it for sure. Guess I will reserve judgment. Im already using WeMod for one game anyway and its working fine w/Steam. I think my only worry is I use tons of launchers, some games i don't use any launcher and just use the games exe. etc. and have never had any issue running Mr Antifun's trainers regardless of how I launched the game, just dont want to find out all of a sudden certain new Trainers won't work in the future because they are running from the WeMod app thats all.

Frank

Staff member
Donor
Reaction score
Glad to know older trainers will remain, that's good news. Guess I haven't posted much in the forums, I just noticed these words being changed/censored lol didnt realize they were always censored. Thanks for replying. People love this site so much I am sure your not surprised alot of people are worried yet happy for MR Antifun @ the same time. He deserves it for sure. Guess I will reserve judgment. Im already using WeMod for one game anyway and its working fine w/Steam. I think my only worry is I use tons of launchers, some games i don't use any launcher and just use the games exe. etc. and have never had any issue running Mr Antifun's trainers regardless of how I launched the game, just dont want to find out all of a sudden certain new Trainers won't work in the future because they are running from the WeMod app thats all.
It was expected that some people wouldn't be happy with the change, but we're committed to using all this feedback to improve the app and to add new features. Overhauling the voting system is the biggest thing right now.

If automatic game detection isn't working (retail [cr@cked gets replaced with retail haha] games and other non-standard versions), you can manually add your exe using the dropdown inside the Play button. If the game has a launcher, the app will use your selected exe to start the game and then look for the real process from the name stored in our database. If the game doesn't have a launcher, it'll look for the selected exe in your running processes.

In both cases, WeMod will use an existing process and not attempt to start the game if it's already running. I think the button text "Play" is misleading for this case.

spacecace

Reaction score
it's a real pain to have to "FIX" all of my games as i don't install them to the default locations that WeMod looks for. the simplicity of MAF's trainers that you just open and play a game and it auto detects it is soooo nice. WeMod just adds extra steps that are just not needed for a good app to work. who needs a dashboard that you have to find the game trainer you want to use(some of us have a lot of games lol) or an obnoxious looking yellow button in the corner reminding you that you are not a paid member and have to earn tokens... really??? i will only use MAF's trainers until my games are no longer supported and then will have to find someone that is hopefully on the same level as MAF to replace them. some might think it, some might have said it, i haven't read every post, but what's to stop you guys over at WeMod from putting out trainers and popping MAF's name on them?

RMX052

Donor
Reaction score
1. I will not install some questionable app
2. I will not let this crap scan my PC with quote " We only scan for games " when in reality they scan for your personal information
3. WeMod silently installed some ADs on my pc when i "get it chance how MAF said"

Good job MAF,i think this is the end for me, wish you good luck, and big thank you for all those years of cool trainers
And i wish all the community good luck boys!

For very last words let me put quote from WeMod site:
"We collect both personally-identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information from you. Personally-identifiable information may include your name, address, email address, and payment information. "
Bye bye!

gdf

Super Donor
Reaction score
Maybe a good idea to give the forum of WeMod and payment part some better security... As both of them are not on HTTPS://...

Which is really needed if you want to let people pay with a safe connection!